Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to upgrade but Lightwave3d.com is not accesable

About to upgrade but Lightwave3d.com is not accesable

Well...was about to upgrade but I can not reach the lightwave account page, overloaded or what?

I just tried, couldn't even open the website.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019 LWCad 2018

Same here.

i emailed customer support to register my intent to purchase before checking here.

It's back online.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019 LWCad 2018

Yep. Have just successfully upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Well...was about to upgrade but I can not reach the lightwave account page, overloaded or what?
    Excellent for you Prometheus. Give them a try now; no issues from this end anyway.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Excellent for you Prometheus. Give them a try now; no issues from this end anyway.
    itīs no problem with my account page anymore, I got other issues though...with bank and credit card, itīs not accepted by cleverbridge, will try and solve it today..if not the payment will not get trough today...the placed order will however, if that affects the
    pricing I do not know?

itīs no problem with my account page anymore, I got other issues though...with bank and credit card, itīs not accepted by cleverbridge, will try and solve it today..if not the payment will not get trough today...the placed order will however, if that affects the
    pricing I do not know?
    I just bit the bullet. First upgrade since 2015. It will take mw a while to get used to a fully nodal shader system and the new lights. I do dread having to do NPR wit the new system.
    Last edited by robertoortiz; 03-31-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post
    I just bit the bullet. First upgrade since 2015. It will take mw a while to get used to a fully nodal shader system and the new lights. I do dread having to do NPR wit the new system.
    NPR?

with regards to my issues with the bank, The issues was resolved and it is now purchasesed accepted and I Just downloaded 2019.

For the 2019 version, The workflow took some steps back in my opinion for 2019, in my experience most with volumetrics and surfacing, I also found it easier to adapt to the old ways of adding displacement for terrain etc.
    Old hypervoxels had a better workflow of single UI and more focused control and also some more features than the new volumetrics, that said...the new volumetrics yields much more realistic results, and a few features that the old hypervoxels didnīt have, black body radiation, softer edges, PBR shading, working falloffs, cube item shape for larger cloud shapes and better blending with the volumetric items per nulls, (still almost the same per particle though)

The new volumetrics is UI per properties and will not be accessable once you select and move any other item, thatīs a minus compared to the single UI of hypervoxels which could care less which object you choose and select per item basis, it was all about control within the Hypervoxels menu, which I think was superior, hvīs also had velocity and displacement and billowing effect speed, easy to set up..it requires more work to acheive similar..and yet not fully covering the velocity effect anyway.

Hvīs also had random particle scale controls within the Hv UI, that is no longer the case with the new volumetrics...you have to set it up with nodes, as well as set up hypertextures with nodes, and it doesnīt work on points still...so there are a lot of Minus stuff for the new volumetrics that I do not like, and it is my mission to convince the lightwave team to try and solve the workflow issues the best way they can, and to do that I though it was best to upgrade(among other reasons)
    In the end and ultimately, the new volumetrics yields more realistic stuff...but can be painstakingly slow in workflow up till the point that I in fact havenīt seen many users provide any results.

My most worries right now for Lightwave, is the slow renders of fiberfx, lack of native GPU renderer, and how long it takes for modeling tools to really start making an impact in Layout.
    They are aware of the Undo system missing a lot, and have started a journey, small changes of UI is on the way, though it has taken a long time to make small changes, and finally...I small worry about the Lightwave philosphy going
    too much nodal..going for a kind of since that is what others do and that is the future philosphy, instead of being unique and innovatie with both full nodal control and at the same time keeping what made Lighwave unique in the first place.

I small worry about the Lightwave philosphy going
    too much nodal..going for a kind of since that is what others do and that is the future philosphy, instead of being unique and innovatie with both full nodal control and at the same time keeping what made Lighwave unique in the first place.
    We are on the same page... I feel they sometimes confuse "intuitive use" with "lack of control". Imagine how a the controls of a car would look like if a programmer had done them...LOL. EDIT I humbly beg to Newtek to pay a high end UI consultant to give them an assessment. The interface needs to be overhauled.
    Last edited by robertoortiz; 03-31-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Saw this a while ago, quite amusing..

https://www.designernews.co/stories/...iders-possible

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    It will take mw a while to get used to a fully nodal shader system and the new lights.
    Well it shouldn't, because at the end of the UI it's really no different to v9. You have the standard material, which still has texture layer T buttons if that's what you want, same as it ever has, whilst the other specific shader nodes, conductor, dielectric, et al, are all nodal input, which is how they've been since their first inception.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Well it shouldn't, because at the end of the UI it's really no different to v9. You have the standard material, which still has texture layer T buttons if that's what you want, same as it ever has, whilst the other specific shader nodes, conductor, dielectric, et al, are all nodal input, which is how they've been since their first inception.
    You exclude the new Lights which he mentioned.
    Volumetric texturing requires nodal control unlike the old one.
    Never mind lights..itīs a trifle to argue about.

I feel they sometimes confuse "intuitive use" with "lack of control"
    Yup..same feeling here.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuzo View Post
    Saw this a while ago, quite amusing..

https://www.designernews.co/stories/...iders-possible
    The third sample of adjusting volume, Isnīt that some kind of enforced enriched environment, just to keep our brains busy and healthy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast