Thread: grab_still shortcut

grab_still shortcut

Is there anyway with "grab_still" or similar shortcut, that allows you to define where you want to store a grab, ie. DDR1, DDR2

We're trying to build a macro so that on two independent button presses, we can either save a grab to either DDR without having to manually change this in the GUI each time. There doesn't appear to be a key in grab_still currently so I'm wondering if there's another way.
    Michael Valentine
    Global Head of Broadcast Technology @ Gfinity

Setting the grab targets isn't something that records into a macro.

Another way might be to use LivePanel if you have a system that support it. With LivePanel there is a DDR controller interface and you can add clips/stills along with modify the DDR contents using a web browser on another computer.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

If you have a the graphics channel you don't use have the grab dump them there, then select the last item (-1) from said channel and then copy and paste to ddr1 or 2. I think the macros can record selecting of a given ddr before issuing the paste to allow you to determine where it goes. Dont have a system hooked up to test with but might work.

In thinking about it you could always just dump to DDR1 and then only copy paste to DDR2 when needed and skip burning a channel.
    Last edited by stp_productions; 03-29-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Confirmed my idea. Execute the grab and send to DDR1, on the other button macro 2 do the same but then you can execute a select clip -1 do a cut, paste it into the DDR you want and save the macro.

if you are grabbing a still, why not send it to a frame buffer instead of taking up a DDR?

I have a macro that takes the selected clip in DDR and sends it to either FrameBuffer1 or Framebuffer2, then clears the clip from the DDR.
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]

in the newest version. this grab function is 'broken' in the aspect it no longer grabs the alpha channel. it should be bugged.
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]