Thread: Backup Question

Backup Question

Hi.

I have the 410 AE2 and I would like to backup the tricaster. I go to Backup and Restore, Create User Backup Drive, then Select System Backup Disk.

It lists 2 for "Select System Backup Disk".
    1. 3.0 TT ST3000DM001 etc. - This is the tricaster hard drive
    2. 1000

All it says it a 1000. Is this the correct drive? I have a Samsung 250GB solid state hooked up via USB. It doesn't describe it in this window.

So if I select 2, the next screen says the source is the 120G Samsung SSD 840 EVO (the tricaster I believe) and the target is "1000". How do I know that 1000 is my 250GB solid state? I don't want to erase "1000" if I don't know what it is.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

The drive I am using has a previous Tricaster backup on it, but I thought it would overwrite it. The problem is that the Tricaster doesn't even detect the drive. Do I have to reformat the target drive in order for it to recognize it? My regular desktop computer can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by choffman View Post
    Hi.

I have the 410 AE2 and I would like to backup the tricaster. I go to Backup and Restore, Create User Backup Drive, then Select System Backup Disk.

It lists 2 for "Select System Backup Disk".
    1. 3.0 TT ST3000DM001 etc. - This is the tricaster hard drive
    2. 1000

All it says it a 1000. Is this the correct drive? I have a Samsung 250GB solid state hooked up via USB. It doesn't describe it in this window.

So if I select 2, the next screen says the source is the 120G Samsung SSD 840 EVO (the tricaster I believe) and the target is "1000". How do I know that 1000 is my 250GB solid state? I don't want to erase "1000" if I don't know what it is.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

Most of the time the Samsung SSDs show up as '1000' when connected via USB don't sweat it. The backup routine won't ever try to clone to the original drive i.e source and target the same drive. The ST3000... model is a Seagate drive.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000