Thread: Missing lscript?

Missing lscript?

I upgraded to 2019 yesterday, and have been busy recreating all my menus, shortcuts, etc, and having a rummage around for other handy tools I don't use much, but I have found useful in the past.

One was Select by Map Influence, but I couldn't find it on any of the menus. It's there in the documentation.
    I searched the plugins/lscripts folder, but nothing.

I compared my setup in 2015, and its there... Selectbymapinfl.ls
    In the 2015 lscripts folder. So I've copied it across, and all is well, but I thought I'd highlight it to see if anyone else is missing it, or if something went wonky during my installation.

Derek

No, it's not in the installation for LW2018.0.7, LW2019.0.1 or LW2019.0.2 on my system. As you said, I copied it over from LW2015.0.3 and it works fine, and it is in the LW2019 documentation. Probably worth a bug report, since I can definitely see it's value, e.g. this very recent thread thread:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...by-a-morph-map

mTp

It's magical, just replace "ls " with "py "

Ah.. Good find.

Turns out it's now a python script, and saved in the python folder.

Still, would have been nice if it were in the menu where the docs indicated it would be.. LOL.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kyuzo; 03-27-2019 at 04:24 AM.

This probably ought to be submitted as a Bug in the LW2019 installation procedure. In LW2015, the plugin is added as part of the installation, so whether it's an LScript or a Python script is irrelevant since it can be found in the Edit=>Edit Menu Layout... search function.

I'd guess the LW2019 installation script still references the .ls version of the plugin and should be changed to reference the .py version.

mTp

Has anyone submitted this as a Bug Report, or should I do it?

Thanks,
    mTp

I did a couple of days ago.

Never got an email confirmation or anything though... Is that normal?

OK, thanks. You can log into your Lightwave3D.com account and on the right should be a button saying to "Show All Reports" to check the status.

Having said that, though, yes an e-mail response has been normal for the Bugs / Feature requests I've submitted. I usually get an almost immediate reponse of the form:

Link: https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/LWB-4547/

Thank you for your message. We have received it and will get back to you as soon as possible.

and fairly soon after that a response either asking me to try something or of the form:

Link: https://www.lightwave3d.com/account/report/LWB-4547/

I will get this report assigned to the proper developer for assessment.

These come from the e-mail address LightWave Customer Support <[email protected]>, so maybe check to make sure that address isn't blocked by your firewall, e-mail app, etc. Also check your "Junk mail" or spam folder.

As well, check to make sure the e-mail address you have on file in your Lightwave3D.com account is valid. If all of that checks out, you might send an e-mail from the account registered in your Lightwave3D.com account to the customer support address above asking for a response. It may be that your e-mail / ISP has been blacklisted (not by NewTek, but by spam / threat filters elsewhere).

Good luck,
    mTp

Cheers mTp, thanks for the info.

As soon as Lightwave3d.com is back online I'll check my account. I've no emails in my spam folder. Would hate to have to retype it all...