Thread: Youtube streaming setup [high school morning announcements]

Question Youtube streaming setup [high school morning announcements]

We've been using a TC 350 [yup - it's THAT old...] to do our morning announcements. That old edition of TC allows us to add the stream key from the youtube live channel settings, and things just work.

I just purchased a TC Mini / Advanced Edition. After mucho research [aka "nosing around everywhere I could find on the web"], all the setup instruction ref to setting up events in your youtube channel.

Imagine having to setup 180 events for the school year - for a 10 minute stream that happens each school day....and each has a different stream key.....so life becomes even more insane and dramatic.

This is a middle/high school, and we have quite enough insanity and drama, thank you very much.

Suggestions? Ideas? Am I missing something?

You should be able to do it old school style with the custom connection instead of the YouTube specific plugin. That should let you put in all the same information for the URL and Stream Key.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Once more into the CPU!
    Custom stream is the way to go. Just get the stream key from the Stream Live Now page in your YouTube dashboard and you'll be good. Just be careful about music! YouTube isn't kind to those that stream anything with copyright music, education or not. One copyright hit while streaming can remove streaming privileges from your channel without anyway to appeal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stream.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	144511
    TC Mini SDI 5-1-190425
    -BlackMagic Studio Cam
    -SDI cables
    -Spark SDI
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

Thanks!. Shoulda thought of that!

- - - Updated - - -

"ol school style" suits me! Thanks for the suggestion - hadn't thought of exploring that option.

Just so I can stash this somewhere, and perhaps it will help someone else:

Callup your youtube channel - go to the livestream page [where there is a stream key at the bottom of the page].

On the TC:
    Setup a Custom Stream
    Give it a name
    Server Address taken from Youtube [rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 is what mine is].
    StreamID on TC = Stream Key on Youtube
    Username and Password to get into the youtube channel. Username is probably a complete email address - I've forgotten at times and left off the "@gmail.com" part.