Thread: PTZ camera control in macro

PTZ camera control in macro

Is it possible to specify the desired absolute pan-tilt-zoom values for a PTZ camera in a macro? I'm able to record a macro that contains movements of a PTZ camera, but those values in the macro seem to be 'relative' to the current position of the camera. I need to specify a starting point for the camera in the macro. (I'm currently doing this with a PTZ camera preset but that is easily broken if the camera preset gets changed).

Thanks,
    Stephen

TriCaster 460
    AE2
    Panasonic AW-HE38H PTZ

Quote Originally Posted by srgray View Post
    Is it possible to specify the desired absolute pan-tilt-zoom values for a PTZ camera in a macro? I'm able to record a macro that contains movements of a PTZ camera, but those values in the macro seem to be 'relative' to the current position of the camera. I need to specify a starting point for the camera in the macro. (I'm currently doing this with a PTZ camera preset but that is easily broken if the camera preset gets changed).

Thanks,
    Stephen

TriCaster 460
    AE2
    Panasonic AW-HE38H PTZ
    I'm not near a camera to check, but I believe the commands in the link below should work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTZ value.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	144510
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Great, thanks, I'll give it a shot. Is there a document anywhere that describes all available macro commands?

Thanks,
    Stephen