Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What market should LW be concentrating from now on? Tell us your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    LightWave is powerful, but its talents for lawnmowing or planting herbaceous borders are not known to me, and I write the docs!
    B
    Talking about basically what Rob Powers did on Avatar.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    So, nobody in a large business can use Chrome browser, Firefox browser, or any Linux OS? Sounds sketchy.
    its not in that respect, you can use free software (I don't claim to fully understand it,) it was to do with software that was directly being used/supplied to customers i.e. in use for profit, you could technically use any software for research as I believe there is a tax relief for research, its also something that wont affect every company as there are many ways to do your tax and each has its own set of rules (its likely to do with VAT and if you charge a customer full VAT for a service then everything under that has to have a VAT trail, free stuff that is completely standalone e.g. not supplied with say some hardware wouldn't have any trail), and problems like that only arise if you get an audit,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    Archviz is a huge market and LightWave's Unreal Bridge should help with tapping into the emerging market for real-time visualisation of architectural projects.

B
    Is the Unreal Bridge route something a small studio with no prior experience can make use of? I'm definitely interested in this, but wouldn't want to plough a lot of time on a route that proves too large for a small independent to compete in/keep up with.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    its not in that respect, you can use free software (I don't claim to fully understand it,) it was to do with software that was directly being used/supplied to customers i.e. in use for profit, you could technically use any software for research as I believe there is a tax relief for research, its also something that wont affect every company as there are many ways to do your tax and each has its own set of rules (its likely to do with VAT and if you charge a customer full VAT for a service then everything under that has to have a VAT trail, free stuff that is completely standalone e.g. not supplied with say some hardware wouldn't have any trail), and problems like that only arise if you get an audit,
    In no way reflects on you personaly, but it seems the company tried some sort of tax discount based on market value with software which was actually free, then got caught out (!). I was just surprised at the notion that a taxman could somehow decide IT policy for a company, as I'm sure many users would "crown him" if he tried a trick like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    Is the Unreal Bridge route something a small studio with no prior experience can make use of? I'm definitely interested in this, but wouldn't want to plough a lot of time on a route that proves too large for a small independent to compete in/keep up with.
    yeah pretty easy and with the speed of lw renderer now and rtx cards coming online, one to consider.

It really is and I want the docs to have a section of tutorials on using LightWave with Unreal, but I need users with knowledge on the subject to help . If you'd like to, contact me at [email protected]

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    yes, its a brilliant addition, literally one click and fast, so easy to set up camera animations in lw and have them instantly appear in unreal and be able to render them from the sequencer
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Ever since Unreal Engine began expanding itself into other areas outside video games it's become a useful media software. But I would like more affordable, interactive tools to become available to be used for both of them. I can't afford an AR capable screen i.e. tablet, mobile phone. It would be great if there was a new alternative device for Nevron Motion because Unreal Engine's motion capture features are said to be good.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    yes, its a brilliant addition, literally one click and fast, so easy to set up camera animations in lw and have them instantly appear in unreal and be able to render them from the sequencer
    if you look at the evee and 1000 ways of lw and blender threads, i think some bridge to those renderers would be advantageous. it pains me to say it but there is no point working on the lw renderer, it’s just too slow.

i think this is the way for lw to remain in the game; leverage others tech, while making the base package extremely fast to work in and produce.

The native renderer is still superb for high rez print, npr and broadcast graphics. Keep improving the nodal interface. Keep optimizing and refining the surfacing and rendering. Try to get GPU in there leveraging Nvidia and prorender tech. Just make sure integration with Octane and Unreal is seamless and up to date.

i think the rest of the package needs the love. rendering is too much of the focus.

Fine. As long as they stay the course and keep Antti on full time.

well yeah,i’m not slating his work. does a good job. just that the rest of the package is suffering.

NT has no choice, they need to cut down render times,
    or else many will jump to Blender for rendering.
    however, i believe NT will follow up in the near future, providing decent render times.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    NT has no choice, they need to cut down render times,
    or else many will jump to Blender for rendering.
    however, i believe NT will follow up in the near future, providing decent render times.
    this has happened already

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast