Thread: Controling Isocorder from TC1/VMC/AE3

Controling Isocorder from TC1/VMC/AE3

Is there a way to trigger Isocorder recordings vie the external recording capability of the TC1/VMC/AE3?

Newbie Member
    I just setup IsoCorder Pro for a client using a TC1. I hadn't thought of this, but would be perfect integration for the system.
    Matt Gaughan
    A-Town Media

I'm not sure you could do that with external recording feature, as it works for NDI sources assigned to TC inputs. Isocorder is a recorder only if I remember well, so I doubt you would assign Isocorder outputs (if any ? ) to any of your TC1 inputs.

However, you can have a look in the shortcut_cfg file, located here : C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek IsoCorder\Configuration in which you'll find a list of commands you can trigger using for example http commands, something like : http://3play-xd:5952/v1/shotcut?name=mark-out ( you'd replace "3play-xd" with IP or hostname of your Isocorder computer, and would check if 5952 has to be used with that software, or 5951 , or 80).
    I don't remember the exact syntax right now, but TC macro system can be used to send HTTP commands to external devices.

Best,

Jerome

If you can get this to work let me now. As far as I'm aware IsoCorder doesn't have a web server (or other) service to receive the commands. I've tried all of those ports via HTTP and even port 5951 via telnet. Nothing is there complete the connection.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Mmmm you're right , unfortunately.

I'm trying with the free Isocorder. Do you think it might be different with the Pro version ?

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorsunshine View Post
    However, you can have a look in the shortcut_cfg file, located here : C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek IsoCorder\Configuration in which you'll find a list of commands you can trigger using
    I don't see this. Is there a new version of ISOcorder or is this for the PRO version??

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdV View Post
    I don't see this. Is there a new version of ISOcorder or is this for the PRO version??
    Okay, I found it. I downloaded the latest version and installed it. The Configuration folder is now there.

What do you do with this? Is there any documentation on how it's used?

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdV View Post
    Okay, I found it. I downloaded the latest version and installed it. The Configuration folder is now there.

What do you do with this? Is there any documentation on how it's used?
    Anyone??

That files lists the 'commands' used inside the application. However, the issue right now is that there is no external method to send commands into IsoCorder. The command are used by the UI itself.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    That files lists the 'commands' used inside the application. However, the issue right now is that there is no external method to send commands into IsoCorder. The command are used by the UI itself.
    Thanks Kane. Are there ways to add "hotkeys" on that local computer to start and stop recording?

Do you think there will an update to trigger commands from a TriCaster.