Thread: Bugs in Version: 3-1 190206

Bugs in Version: 3-1 190206

Hi all.

We just upgraded our 3Play 4800 to Version: 3-1 190206, and have experienced some bugs.

I'll report these as actual bugs in the system, but wanted to share them with the community in case anyone has seen them as well:

1. When creating a new 3Play session, you can't see the session name as you're typing it in the text box. Once you're out of the text box, the name you typed appeared, but nothing shows up during typing.

2. The Transition Rates in playlists don't match with what they actually do. When you select "F 00:00:00:15" the transition rate that actually appears is "00:00:00:30".

3. The new export method is a problem. I understand why it's been moved into the session and reconfigured, but very important naming functionality has been lost. In the past, 3Play exported clips would be named "ClipTabNumber-EventNumber-Label_CamNumber.xxx". That was great for use in sports production melts. It allowed custom naming of files using labels, but also maintained information regarding camera angles and event numbers. That allowed us to sort clips very quickly based on their Event Number (which is chronological by default, unless changed), and also provided important information in clips where the label field was left empty. All that information has now been lost. We can't sort anything chronological, or tell which camera angle appears in which file. Both are very important in sports production clipping and tagging. Sure, if we did VERY DETAILED labeling, that would be fix it, but there's no time for that in a live production. The more that can be automated, the better.

Thanks!
    Imry

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    Can you please report these issues to fogbugz if you haven’t done so already?
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Done. Bugs 98778, 98779, 98780.

I've got the same issue with filename entry on launch, shows as blank until you click out.

I echo your comments on the file naming as well, that's going to make things a bit more complicated for us, also the auto publish feature has gone. It used to publish(export) automatically if the particular setting was activated, this feature has now gone, which will slow things down a bit.

That said I welcome having a new update as it's been a while!

Issues with video output after installing new build

Last week we installed the new build on our 3Play 4800. Since installing the new build we have an intermittent black line/ bar across all both outputs when adjusting the play out speed using the T-bar. Issue shows at various times around 3%, 60% and 97%. This has made our system unreliable for our sports coverage. I have asked NewTek for access to the previous build that never showed this issue, but they say that they can’t provide that, very frustrating and disappointing.

Does anyone know were I can download 3PLAY Rev 3-1-170915 ?

My hope is that rolling back will fix this problem, but NewTek has not been helpful yet.

Another bug I have see is on the playback of the Preview Clips, frames playback out of order. This is seen using the system in 720p 59.94. Issue is seen on the multiviewer and on the SDI output when the preview used as a DSK source (like cutting in a clock cam). This bug is not seen in 1080i.

Anyone else seen seen these issues? Any help would be great. Thanks

-Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    Can you please report these issues to fogbugz if you haven’t done so already?
    I have a few bugs I would like to report as well. Could you post the URL fogbugz?

Hey All,

Also if you are using LINE IN Audio on your 4800, DO NOT UPGRADE to this build. There is a record issue with SDI inputs and analog audio.
    TriCaster: 40, 450, 455, 850, 850 Extreme & 855
    CG: LiveText2 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: JVC 750, Sony EX3, Canon (SDI & ATEM with Tactical Fiber)
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl

Great... Wish I had seen this before I updated ours. We have a All Star game on April 27th and haven't had a chance to use our 3-Play since updating.

Newbie Member
    We have same issue with SDI inputs and analog audio on 3Play 440.
    Matsu , D-Storm, Inc.