Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GPU Rendering - Anywhere in the development pipeline for Lightwave?

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post
    OK Ill bite...

Why not support both?
    Have old school poly style modeling in Modeler and procedural modeling in Layout?

The way both styles of modeling achieve results is distinctive enough that this could prove to be feasible.

-R
    Wasn't meant to be bait, but that's not really the point. Of course you could have both but someone from NT suggesting that procedural modeling is the only thing that's 'missing' from a separated Lightwave doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post
    For my part, I'm just always surprised where Lightwave pops up in the development of major film and television productions (the recent Academy Award winner Green Book, for example).
    Links please!
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post
    Links please!
    Two links available. For the full story, you have to visit this Facebook Link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ligh...1794778259847/

For the brief notification, just visit this other thread:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...y-Awards-2019)

P.S. Just noticed, this was my 1000th post
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Maybe you misunderstood.
    Yep... sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying!
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

They also said that they won't integrate LW because too many studios don't want it. Come again?

Anyway on GPU rendering, the best thing to hope for is that developers are making LW as friendly to third party render solutions as possible. I don't suppose looking to ProRender as an option is unrealistic, but given they let go of Mark Granger and he was interested in GPU rendering( and now subsequently works for Otoy/Octane now doing just that) they're aren't exactly putting off the vibe of going in that direction either.
    Who said they won't? Redshift? They are a small group (I think) and have ported to just about all the softwares. I thought LW was huge in Japan. Isn't that enough right there? Maybe they just need more people asking for it. It's pretty amazing and fast, like I've mentioned before. I'm slowly.. SLOWLY bringing fbx's and objs into Maya to render in. Amazing looking subsurface in seconds as opposed to minutes with lots of grain. Such a nice time saver.

Actually... nevermind.. emailed Redshift and found out the same thing. There isn't enough request for it. Bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by mummyman View Post
    I thought LW was huge in Japan.
    Due to the language barrier, it is not inconceivable they already have solutions in place to some things the English speaking world have been clamouring for years...

Quote Originally Posted by mummyman View Post
    Who said they won't? Redshift? They are a small group (I think) and have ported to just about all the softwares..
    All the softwares ? From what i see on their page it lists 5 DCC apps where Redshift is supported/available. That's nowhere near "ALL", For instance Octane render engine is available for more than 20 apps currently and rising it's support.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    All the softwares ? From what i see on their page it lists 5 DCC apps where Redshift is supported/available. That's nowhere near "ALL", For instance Octane render engine is available for more than 20 apps currently and rising it's support.
    Ok. Shoot me then. My bad

Redshift has a Blender integration in the works. They still haven't determined if they're doing a Modo port or not yet.

Redshift has a Blender integration in the works. They still haven't determined if they're doing a Modo port or not yet.
    Sure, and Octane has few more in the works beta too so it's still BIG difference in "ALL Apps" .
    RAM-Studio

Oh for sure.

But.....when is Octane going to support AMD gpu’s?
    This was on the roadmap a loooooong time ago.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Who knows, they had some beta build son verison 3.x but form what i've read there was some bug in AMD drivers which needed to be sorted but not sure was that ever been forced (by OTOY) further on. Granted that really don't bother me 'coz my Last GPU from AMD for LW was ATI Radeon 9500Pro and i had tons of issues with it in LWmodeler that i even got beta drivers from AMD that still didn't solve all problems (i battled with it few months) so i sold it and forgot about AMD GPUs for next 10-15 years .

Especially now when OTOY showed new OctaneBench2019 results with RTX cores used in octane where boost was from 2-5x for RTX enabled GPUs so Octane 2019.x will boost speed of my RTX 2080Ti by factor of 3x .
    RAM-Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Imageshoppe View Post
    As a potential Octane user, I'm skeptical of their denoise over a sequence of frames until I've actually tried it. For those who use it, does it work?
    All 3D denoiser work well on single image, no average between before/after frame, best way for animation is to use After Effect denoiser, it's work well, but not magical !
    And in any case, it is better to apply denoise in post, to not splotch a rendering !
    Stéphane AGULLO

FREE 3D \ VR MAKER

SA3D | G+| FB | SKF

Imageshoppe
    "As a potential Octane user, I'm skeptical of their denoise over a sequence of frames until I've actually tried it. For those who use it, does it work?"

https://youtu.be/TAp17DOpfu8

It works really well

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast