Thread: Graph tips

Graph tips

Any tips on a quick way to dial in audio levels?

I'm finding that trying to zoom way in on the graph, clicking to make nodes, and trying to drag them around is proving to be a painful process (especially when the full project almost two hours long).

All I want to do is simple fades and mutes of audio.

Also, does anyone know the optimum level to set audio to in order to silence it? I've tried -60 and it seems to work (but maybe that's lower than it needs to be?)
    Favorite Waves: LW3.5, 5.6c, 7.5, 8.5, 9.6, 2015.

Well, after more messing around with nodes/keyframes in the Control Tree, here's what I've come up with:

The way that I was doing things was to click on a line and add nodes to it. Then I'd click another node next to that and try to drag the second node down to create a fade. In short, this was kludgy and brutal when zoomed in on a 3-second part of a project with a long duration.

So instead I've settled on using the right-click context menu to create the nodes, clicking the arrows next to "Keyframe" to navigate from node to node, and dialing in the values for "Master Volume" numerically. That and using Shift to constrain node movement to one axis in the event that I have to shift them along the timeline.

Thoughts? Is there a better way?
    Favorite Waves: LW3.5, 5.6c, 7.5, 8.5, 9.6, 2015.