Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Status of vue website, vue owners.

  1. #1
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    15,118

    Status of vue website, vue owners.

    O boy it was a long time since I looked vue software and itīs website.

    Is this site really correct? so much I do not recognize, new logo for e-on ...and they really hide the name of vue withint a creator menu, then a small tiny icon ..for more info about vue here.
    Donīt know what to say..except bring me back the old pages.

    https://info.e-onsoftware.com/creator-solution

  2. #2

    agree.

    any time now a flying unicorn will fly across that screen.



    anti-friendly browsing seems to be the new gimmick.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  3. #3
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    15,118
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    agree.

    any time now a flying unicorn will fly across that screen.



    anti-friendly browsing seems to be the new gimmick.
    They had an older site not long ago that so nicely described the features so well, all of that is gone, and it is made in a fashion of mobile and wordpress styled themes that follows the trend of marketing it that way...itīs horrible and lacks the previous feature description.

  4. #4
    Registered User Oldcode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    408
    Looks like they've gone to a rental model too.

    There goes any chance of me ever using their stuff ever again.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    O boy it was a long time since I looked vue software and itīs website.

    Is this site really correct? so much I do not recognize, new logo for e-on ...and they really hide the name of vue withint a creator menu, then a small tiny icon ..for more info about vue here.
    Donīt know what to say..except bring me back the old pages.

    https://info.e-onsoftware.com/creator-solution
    Yes that's unfortunately the case. They are proud of the new logo and even produced a video about it's creation, without mentioning the product itself.

    When they introduced the new products they boldly stated that they are now offering subscriptions, a couple of days and many angry user comments later they changed 'subscription' to 'solution'.

    VUE (new name) is basically the same as Vue 2016.6 with the addition of new UI icons, openVDB volumes and PBR texturing (which doesn't work well).

    The Professional version includes everything that xStream did, the Creator line is more or less the same but without any export, integration or compositing functions (which makes it useless if you want to use it together with other apps). Plant Factory is included but I personally don't find it a good application.

    Rental only for all versions. I have an Enterprise license now (including 25 render nodes) due to my running xStream maintenance but I will not spend any more money on e-on / Bentley.

    The Cornucopia store will be available at a later time but I fear that most user interest will be gone by then (I don't think many professional users would use that store and hobbyists don't like subscription).
    Last edited by Marander; 02-21-2019 at 10:23 AM.

  6. #6
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    15,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post

    Rental only for all versions. I have an Enterprise license now (including 25 render nodes) due to my running xStream maintenance but I will not spend any more money on e-on / Bentley.

    The Cornucopia store will be available at a later time but I fear that most user interest will be gone by then (I don't think many professional users would use that store and hobbyists don't like subscription).
    yes..I heard about rental only some time ago, that is why I hardly visit the page anymore, rental is of no interest to me.
    Hope some things will be improved with Terragen and that it doesnīt go rental, but the development on Terragen goes to slow..and I am not fond of waiting too long wishing for the ideal software.

  7. #7

    rental
    agh! :[
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,535
    FYI - Just got the information that the former e-on Vue Store, Cornucopia 3D will not be revived. I guess e-on software is not interesting for hobby users anymore anyway due to the rental only model.

    As a former e-on / Bentley / Vue beta tester I'm very disappointed by their business model and seized all my activities when they announced the new subscription model.

    For Pro or Enterprise subscription users they will make 2'000 items available for download.

    I get frequent offers for reduced price yearly subscription, seems to me they are desperate to get new subscription users.

    If someone was a Cornucopia 3D vendor or user and still has unspent funds / refunds, they can request to transfer the funds to the new e-commerce platform.

    https://info.e-onsoftware.com/blog/c..._hsmi=76116391

  9. #9
    Super Member CaptainMarlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Belfort, France
    Posts
    1,846
    Yep, they still owned me 96 bucks as C3D broker, I hope it will be refunded soon. Vue helped me a lot getting into 3D, I'm sad it has gone this way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •