View Poll Results: Would they (NT) make more tutorials to sell ?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

1 50.00%
  • I don't know

1 50.00%

Thread: A request for more tutorials for Liightwave 2019 with VDB, character animation, etc ?

A request for more tutorials for Liightwave 2019 with VDB, character animation, etc ?

It will be intersting if NT make to sell more tutorials videos as advanced of VDB, advanced of character animation and advanced of nodes shadings ?... it would be greatly appreciated

More sharing then more users base sharing too

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Nodes and shading and animation is already available... see the sig vvvv
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

3dslider, I'm curious about what kind of tutorials you would like to see on character animation? Is it character setup (rigging) or design and modeling? Or, the actual animating of a character, or lip sync or facial animation? How to use Motion Mixer with keyframe animating?

The way that I approach it is Lightwave is just a tool. Being the artist, I need to know what it is I need the tool to do for me. I also need to know what is my character going to do, how is it motivated in the scene or shot, is my character cartoony or need to portray real life? Lightwave by itself won't know those things. The artist needs to know the tool well enough to understand what the tool is capable of doing. I also educate myself by watching other tutorials or books from other software. What techniques do they use and can those be done in Lightwave? I've started re-reading Stop Staring (a book about facial animation). The author utilizes Maya, but I've found the underlying principles can be applied elsewhere. It's just using a different tool.

With all that, if you have a specific area of character animation that you aren't seeing portray, I'll have more time this spring / summer that I plan to do a series of my way of character animating videos and would like to do short one offs for things that others are interested in seeing.
    Last edited by ernesttx; 02-12-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Nodes and shading and animation is already available... see the sig vvvv
    Great on your tutorials

I will see that thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ernesttx View Post
    3dslider, I'm curious about what kind of tutorials you would like to see on character animation?
    As more technic for creating from scratch to rigging with slider as same genoma but your own custom, a "good advancing" to rigging on character and how to animate very realistic that i will want that

3dslider, thanks for answering. Sounds like you'd like to see a "from the ground up" kind of approach - design character, model character, rig character, special rigging (depending on character needs), through in some slider action, and then have the character do some good action poses or normal actions.

That's basically what I was going to be doing for my series. I'll look into how much I can expand on each topic.
    Last edited by ernesttx; 02-12-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx