Thread: AE V3.0 Driver Update for TC-460 causes problems.

waymo2001

Unhappy AE V3.0 Driver Update for TC-460 causes problems.

Hello Forum,

I have developed a quirky problem with a TC-460 after having tried to test compatibility for AE V3.0. I looking into AE V3.0 I received a notice that I needed to "update my video graphics card driver". I did the GPU update but then could not even launch the TRICASTER as I got a message saying the that "a graphics card could not be found". So, I elected to "roll-back" the driver to the previous version and now was able to "auto-launch" back into a session.

The PROBLEM is that I now have no working USB ports - no keyboard, no mouse functionality on ANY of the USB ports either front or rear.

I have also tried hooking up a USB/PS2 adapter to the PS/2 port on the rear but also get no keyboard or mouse input there either.

Really seem to be stuck !!!

Has anyone else experienced such a failure ?

Let me know...

Wayne Brenengen, Chief Engineer, Glendale TV, RugbyTown USA
    TC-460 (2014), TC-860 (2014), 3PLAY-4800 ((2014), Live-text (3X), Connect PRO

Sounds like something went sideways in the driver install. Did you power off, unplug and then reboot? If so, what happened? On the 850/855 and our 8000, you can opt to re-install/re-set back to the factory image which takes the machine back to an "as delivered" state. Have you tried that?

I know, too little to late. Before I even do a normal update, I make a backup of my system using the Backup feature during bootup. I make it to an external drive.
    This way if something goes sideways I can restore the backup and have a functioning system again in short order.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

waymo2001
    waymo2001 here again with and update....

When I plug in an optical Mouse on any of the USB ports, I get a red light on the bottom of my mouse, but no functionality.

When I plug in an illuminated keyboard on any of the USB ports, I get no functionality nor illuminated keys.

Food for thought...

A last-ditch option may be to reset the BIOS on the motherboard.

waymo2001
    Power down, Unplug, sit for 10 Minutes and then restart - No changes. I've tried all the USB ports with multiple Keyboards and Mice. Can't even get to the BIOS before WINDOWS launches without any keyboard commands - up arrow, down arrow, enter, etc.

dhodlick - how do I "reset the BIOS" that you propose ??

You can download older (i.e. v399.x) nvidia drivers here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us This may or may not be a related issue.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Have you checked USB Drivers in Device manager to make sure that they are all still enabled?
    I had the one for my control surface become disabled and had to go in and enable it again.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables