Thread: Test for AE3

Test for AE3

Tried to run the software but comes up saying I need the Windows 7 KB2999226 installed on the system before I can run the program. Is OK to install this windows 7 update?

I'm getting the same error on my TC8000 AE2 running Windows Embedded Standard - Service pack 1.

I contacted support who said it was okay to install this update, so I went to the windows update page, and this was not available as a download. So i went direct to Microsoft and downloaded the update from there, but it would not install as it said it was not compatible with my Operating system.

I've emailed back support saying this and asked them how I should proceed moving forward. I'm always wary of windows updates on Tricasters. I don't want to break the whole thing with a windows update, however I do want AE3

I'll let you know what support say.

you didn't mention what Tricaster you had, I'm assuming it's a TC8000 same as me?

ACtually scratch that I was being a fool and trying to install the windows 10 update rather than windows 7. Now it wants me to update my Nvidia drivers. Cruel taskmaster that it is

Sooooo I updated to the latest drivers, but then the Tricaster wouldn't start!! Rolled back to https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/137725 Tricaster working now. Just need to now find a more recent Nvidia driver that will appease the AE3 Checker and still allow me to run my AE2 Machine in the interim. Deepest joy.
    Last edited by dtweek; 02-12-2019 at 03:55 AM.

hmmm so the older version on nvidia site 411.63 won't launch my TC but will pass the test, so I now know my system will take AE3, I'm going to upgrade firmware to see if I can make both things happy. I'm on 5-1-180323C which is pretty old so that's probably why.

okay so updated my firmware and I could then install the newer versions of NVIDIA, Unfortunately this created a bug whereby my MP4 recordings would have slightly garbled audio when played on anything other than the Tricaster! Movs were fine, to be safe I've gone back to 5-1-180323 as I never had any issues with that version and i've spent most of the day updating stuff. I'll stay on 323 and then move onto AE3 probably after a full system restore before the update to make sure it's all shiny and new.

You can download older (i.e. v399.x) nVidia Drivers here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Today we've done some tests getting the AE3 checker tool passed on a TC8000 (a very early hardware i7-2600K sandy bridge, with GTX550ti)

- we had to update our TC8000 standard edition software to newest version
    - after that the installaltion of Microsoft Win 7 KB2999226 package was needed. (AE3 checker tool told so)
    - next time the AE3 checker tool told us that the nVidia driver are too old, we tried to install newer driver but that ones working with the installed nVidia card (GTX550ti) are still not accepted by the checker tool
    - we then replaced the EVGA GTX550ti with a EVGA GTX1050ti but had to use cable adapters from DVI-D to DVI-I and HDMI to DVI-I to get the TC's internal DVI cables connected (running to the backplate of the TC)
    - last but not least we where then able to run the newest nVidia driver version and finally passed the AE3 checker tool.

btw:
    For the nVidia GeForce 500 series (like the GTX550ti), the highest working driver available is the V391.35, which still seems not to be "high enough" to run the AE3
    From the GeForce 600 Series on, all newer drivers (now up to 418.81) are available.
    Last edited by Labmaster; 02-12-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    TC8000 / TW850
    Cables: Belden 1694/Canara Connectors
    Cams: Sony PWM-EX3, Sony HDR-CX430/BMD HDMI2SDI

Quote Originally Posted by Labmaster View Post
    Today we've done some tests getting the AE3 checker tool passed on a TC8000 (a very early hardware i7-2600K sandy bridge, with GTX550ti)

- we had to update our TC8000 standard edition software to newest version
    - after that the installaltion of Microsoft Win 7 KB2999226 package was needed. (AE3 checker tool told so)
    - next time the AE3 checker tool told us that the nVidia driver are too old, we tried to install newer driver but that ones working with the installed nVidia card (GTX550ti) are still not accepted by the checker tool
    - we then replaced the EVGA GTX550ti with a EVGA GTX1050ti but had to use cable adapters from DVI-D to DVI-I and HDMI to DVI-I to get the TC's internal DVI cables connected (running to the backplate of the TC)
    - last but not least we where then able to run the newest nVidia driver version and finally passed the AE3 checker tool.

btw:
    For the nVidia GeForce 500 series (like the GTX550ti), the highest working driver available is the V391.35, which still seems not to be "high enough" to run the AE3
    From the GeForce 600 Series on, all newer drivers (now up to 418.81) are available.
    Great to hear. I wasn't sure what CPU was required, good to know that GPU is the main issue with older systems.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.