Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent's Lightwave 2019 Render Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by brent3d View Post
    Thank you for mentioning my post #48! When users can answer these important questions for themselves they will have a clearer understanding where things are going in the short term
    And if you had started with that, rather than using a call for render times as a way to slide into what you really wanted to discuss, I seriously doubt anyone would have criticized.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    And if you had started with that, rather than using a call for render times as a way to slide into what you really wanted to discuss, I seriously doubt anyone would have criticized.
    If you don't like the challenge don't participate, if you don't like the dialogue then don't read it. So unless I broke the forum rules please keep your trolling snarky opinions to yourself. Hard to believe you read my post and still take your time out to respond to me like this, to funny.

Brent, I've been watching you post all over the place (Facebook, here, etc.) and notice you only have 338 posts here...so, I find your response and attitude and arrogance is revolting.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Quote Originally Posted by rcallicotte View Post
    Brent, I've been watching you post all over the place (Facebook, here, etc.) and notice you only have 338 posts here...so, I find your response and attitude and arrogance is revolting.
    Posts on Facebook? Oh when I schooled trolls last week after they tried to troll my video post..hmm. Once again the slander since everyone knows I rarely post my opinion anywhere besides when I make a training video..to funny and nice try... troll.

If you don't like the challenge don't participate, if you don't like the dialogue then don't read it. So unless I broke the forum rules please keep your trolling snarky opinions to yourself. Hard to believe you read my post and still take your time out to respond to me like this, to funny.

If you aren't interested or don't agree with the subject of this thread...
    What exactly is the subject of this thread? And what slander do you perceive?

I only entered this thread to question your dismissal of Russell, who clearly indicated he's got his bases covered with CPU and GPU rendering, just like you. I appreciate you have history and experience. So does Russell. There's no need to swing your bat around.

Your repeated copy/paste of entire posts, assuming others are not capable of reading or scrolling back up the page, is insulting.

I would like to personally thank Rayek for his post #53, which I believe caps the discussion...
    If you truly read Rayek's post, you may observe more humility of uncertainty and less dismissive absolutes.

Take a breath. I'm not your enemy. I'm just questioning your approach to a subject that most everyone here already understands.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    Who cares what you think of me defending my position, contribute to this threads topic instead cause it looks like you want to troll.

Hard to believe you don't actually get the point, but that's as may be. Learn, don't learn, all the same to me.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    What exactly is the subject of this thread? And what slander do you perceive?

I only entered this thread to question your dismissal of Russell, who clearly indicated he's got his bases covered with CPU and GPU rendering, just like you. I appreciate you have history and experience. So does Russell. There's no need to swing your bat around.

Your repeated copy/paste of entire posts, assuming others are not capable of reading or scrolling back up the page, is insulting.

If you truly read Rayek's post, you may observe more humility of uncertainty and less dismissive absolutes.

Take a breath. I'm not your enemy. I'm just questioning your approach to a subject that most everyone here already understands.
    Oh shut up, you are not on topic, but you are definitely trolling. The trolls have been unleashed...lol

Oh shut up, you are not on topic, but you are definitely trolling. The trolls have been unleashed...lol
    And with that, and the abandonment of civility, off we go to moderated posting. This was really unnecessary.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

there is no sanctuary....
    The rest of us appreciate your steady hand and apparently limitless patience Mr. Bowie.
    Bill Carey

I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 417.71
    LW 2019.1 x64
    Space Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Hard to believe you don't actually get the point, but that's as may be. Learn, don't learn, all the same to me.
    Hard to believe you actually work for Newtek.

I can hardly believe it myself sometimes. (Pinch) Ouch ... yep, still here, after all these years.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Brent, elsewhere (I stress not here), you were subjected to some pretty vile trolling which could have come straight out of Mein Kampf, and I can defintely understand you feeling "got at" about that (because you actually were being got at) and I think something residual may be coming over here as a result which I never saw once on your wonderful Youtube channel. Maybe things look different in writing here - if we were all sat round a massive table, maybe we would all perceive each other a little better (though I admit to hiding under that table right now).

The reason why the sentiment of "comparing apples to oranges" is accurate is because it really is comparing two very different systems optimized for two very different tasks. It'd like judging a fish on its ability to climb trees.

Try rendering volumetrics in Octane... you'll find that Lightwave produces results much more quickly and with a much higher level of control. It'd be an inefficient use of my time to try and explain why the comparison between LW and Octane isn't just "this is faster so use program X over Y", I can only ask that you do your research and try to determine why myself and others would all come to the same conclusion.

I say this as someone who uses Octane in my workflow as well. It's a great renderer for scenes that require good GI, not so great for any non-photoreal stuff like visual effects or styled imagery.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast