Thread: TC1 - Animating cops with layers of an ME

TC1 - Animating cops with layers of an ME

Doing some comp animation for a news style panel PIP setup where I want to bring a given PIP full screen on top of all others. Using the Key layers This has been pretty easy along with z priority option so I can make key 1 above all others when full screen. I haven't figured out a way to do this when using the ME layers. I can animate one to full screen but layer D for example is below all others. I thought about trying to setup macros to basically move who ever needs to be on full screen to the top layer while also moving it to the right spot but that seems overly complicated and prone to issues.

At the moment I just use the key layers and it works great but there are some events coming up where I will need 5 or 6 people on screen and only have the 4 keys.

The Z-depth of primary layers of an M/E cannot be re-ordered. You might be able to work something out using MEMs, Comps, macros, multiple M/Es, or some combination of those in order to swap the sources assigned to the layers to mimic what you want, but this level of complexity can be quite tricky.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yeah I was going to try the Macro stuff but I figured the re-ordering and setting things up would result in visual glitches. Time to try it out and test