Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new procedural node...why isnīt there any invert option.

"I don't understand why you'd need that, but I'll add it anyway."
    i've had a few of these.

never the less, the proof is in the final release(s).
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by jbrookes View Post
    Which is a complete 180 from the days when they would tour studios and ask them what they wanted. Heck, it's even quite different than way back in the day when I asked for a few things (that are now in LightWave) and was told, "I don't understand why you'd need that, but I'll add it anyway."
    tbh, when you get a response like that, you got my money for a long time even if I didn't use any of the new features at all.
    That is great dev attitude. I know Brad did this in modo dev, maybe that was from the pre modo days ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchon View Post
    The worst thing with new surface system is that there is no replacement of IFW2 nodes and its regional functions where you can apply different values, textures to every randomly selected procedural tiles like it was in brick, tiler nodes. Every other software has option to randomising tiles and advanced options to set look of the tiles. It is very important in ArchViz.
    You can still use this. Simply add an IFW2 procedural then check the mix box under the mapping tab:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Proc_Mix.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	144185
    RJJ
    IFW2 Textures - www.shaders.co.uk

Hmm, that's nice to know.

But surely to be lost in the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by shadersrjj View Post
    You can still use this. Simply add an IFW2 procedural then check the mix box under the mapping tab:
    Yes I know. Somewhat limited compared to nodal version but works. Nice to see you, maybe a little update ?
    Nodal version would be the best enhancement for LightWave texturing toolset especially that procedurals doesn't need much memory and in the time of GPU rendering it's important.
    - Architectural Visualizations -

You don't need to use the Standard material's T buttons to add that in 2019. There is a Procedural node.

Name:	Layout_2019-02-19_22-57-28.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	144186

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Virtually every new feature that gets implemented was someone's feature request. It is not the case at all that the development team does not listen to feedback and implement requests. A lot of LW 2019, in fact is feature requests, ranging from longstanding elements like "improve the Undo system" to nearer term requests like "Please let us make OpenVDB content rather than just be able to import and render it" as an improvement on LightWave 2018.

It is the case that the team receives a lot of requests and are not going to be able to get to all of them for a given release, and in fact some of them may take a very long time to get to; or may conflict with other requests, may not be possible within the architecture of the software or for other reasons may not happen for a long time or just may not happen. But the team does indeed implement feature requests, and in plenty.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Did you hear the part where the team discussed putting the invert in the node itself but decided to leave it out and just have it be its own node. So I don't think we are going to see it in the procedural or image nodes anytime soon.
    I sure missed that conversation (but then I'm a marketing guy).

That said, however, having a separate invert node available does not preclude making an invert option available in other nodes. A lot of what the team worked on for LW 2019 was quality-of-life features that make things faster and easier to do in the UI, so I don't think doing similar work in the individual nodes could be ruled out as a possibility, especially if enough users seem to be interested.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    A lot of what the team worked on for LW 2019 was quality-of-life features that make things faster and easier to do in the UI,
    "quality-of-life features" is a good analogy. Something as simple as being able to use the "alt-ctrl-click" zooming in the node editor is one of those "quality-of-life features"! So good that I was finally able to convince my boss to upgrade our seats today. yay!!
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by shadersrjj View Post

Name:	Proc_Mix.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	144185
    So..., which of the IFW2 products work with 2018 and above? I thought they'd gotten left behind.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

It is the case that the team receives a lot of requests and are not going to be able to get to all of them for a given release, and in fact some of them may take a very long time to get to; or may conflict with other requests, may not be possible within the architecture of the software or for other reasons may not happen for a long time or just may not happen. But the team does indeed implement feature requests, and in plenty.
    Like the rounder bug in modeller, right ? :P

there are some nasty animation ones too. I saw people going on about them a long time ago in a thread while searching for some info on here and back then it said they hadn't been fixed in 9 years. I think this was from 2012.

Maybe people dont feat request them or they get lost in the system?

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    Like the rounder bug in modeller, right ? :P
    That thing can't be fixed. Either wait for a brand new "Rounder" to make it into a future version of LW or get LWCad if you need that function now.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    So..., which of the IFW2 products work with 2018 and above? I thought they'd gotten left behind.
    Every old procedural IFW2 textures works fine using standard texture editor or within nodes by procedural node which is like bridge between nodes and procedural textures. IFW2 nodes doesn't work including regional nodes.
    - Architectural Visualizations -

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    That thing can't be fixed. Either wait for a brand new "Rounder" to make it into a future version of LW or get LWCad if you need that function now.
    i have lwcad and nearly every other plugin going for lw. rounder would be better if fixed

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    i have lwcad and nearly every other plugin going for lw. rounder would be better if fixed
    To get the thread back on point, Rounder needs an "Invert" option.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast