Thread: TC AE3 - not for all Tricaster 8000's

TC AE3 - not for all Tricaster 8000's

More of an FYI than anything - if you have a Tricaster 8000, there is no guarantee that you will be able to install the AE3 update. Our 8000 has the 550Ti gpx card and it is not supported.

To the NewTek reps: is it possible to purchase a newer nVidia card from the local geekden, install it into the TC, and then use the update?
    Last edited by dhodlick; 02-05-2019 at 10:24 AM.

My TC460 has a nVidia GT640 card in it and accepted the AE3 update. If you 8000 is of that age, it might also have a CPU that is below AE3 spec as well. I think AVX/AVX2 instructions are also required.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

well that sucks... especially since we bought this system only 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    well that sucks... especially since we bought this system only 3 years ago.
    What CPU is in the system? I would of though that a 8000 from three years ago would be okay. That is after the 410, 460, 860 system started shipping (which was Sept of 2013) and I installed AE3 on my TC460 that is from that timeframe.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    What CPU is in the system? I would of though that a 8000 from three years ago would be okay. That is after the 410, 460, 860 system started shipping (which was Sept of 2013) and I installed AE3 on my TC460 that is from that timeframe.
    I will dig into it and post back. I also would have thought that a 3 year old system would have been fine as well, but maybe this was one that was sitting on the shelf for a while.

TC 460 with GT640 card & AE3

Kane wrote, "My TC460 has a nVidia GT640 card in it and accepted the AE3 update."

Hi,
    Have you experienced any issues after install of AE3 on your TC460? Has the advanced AE3 software caused any slowdown in the system performance? I have the same system and have run the checking software which indicated it will accept and run AE3 however I really depend on my system for live events, (streaming and recording) as well as switching, etc. and trying to insure (as best I can) that updating to the latest version will benefit and not harm my operation.
    Thanks for your indulgence to my questions in advance.
    DaveO