Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Facebook issues (again)

Thank you
    Last edited by ronvargas; 03-30-2019 at 08:50 PM.

So is the tricaster now able to stream directly to a business page or does it still go to a facebook personal profile? Because if you are selling anything it has to go through your page first and then to your profile to be sure you are in compliance. I don't know about everyone else's clients but the people who use our facility normally use it for business.
    Last edited by ngartside; 04-03-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngartside View Post
    So is the tricaster now able to stream directly to a business page or does it still go to a facebook personal profile? Because if you are selling anything it has to go through your page first and then to your profile to be sure you are in compliance. I don't know about everyone else's clients but the people who use our facility normally use it for business.
    For AE2, the plugin update has still not been released to the the public. There is a beta available. To stream to a businesses page, you still need to use a custom connection and manually punch in the URL and stream ID from Facebook into the connection settings.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Sorry, I wasn't that much active in the forum. But, yes, we're using the work-around method everyday since the API broke and still working.

I am not able to use the work around today. I did a test yesterday - It worked- Today I had the client tech check on site and I cannot get it FB live to stream at all.
    Not going the BETA rout.
    Is something else down at FB and tricaster.
    I have AE2 tricaster miniSDI - most recent build.
    So frustrated......
    This gig is toast if I cannot get the FB stream working.
    ON top of that I had to relaunch TCmini four time because it kept booting "black screens"
    Mars in retrograde.

I am using a TC1 with Advanced Edition 2. I am having problems with the Facebook plugin. I can only stream to my personal page. I need to stream to my business page for which I am an admin. I have given all rights to the Newtek Share app but the only option for streaming is to my own personal page. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by linton9469 View Post
    I am using a TC1 with Advanced Edition 2. I am having problems with the Facebook plugin. I can only stream to my personal page. I need to stream to my business page for which I am an admin. I have given all rights to the Newtek Share app but the only option for streaming is to my own personal page. Any ideas?
    If you are using a TC1, I believe they released a patch almost immediately for that version that corrected the problem Facebook caused by changing their API. It looks like they actually released another build of TC1 just a few days ago.

https://www.newtek.com/downloads/

For AE2, that has not been released yet. You can ask QA for a beta version that has the fix or follow the workaround procedures using a custom connection. Getting the beta in the next week or so might be difficult, just because a lot of the NewTek folks may be occupied with the NAB show.

https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...ality-Impacted

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

So then... With NAB now well in the rear view mirror, might we get an update on if/when the updated (patched?) release of AE2 might be forthcoming?
    James Willing
    Toronto Cowboy Church

TriCaster: 460 with AE + CS
    Camera: Panasonic AG-HMG80P, PTZ Optics PT20X-NDI

Was working on AE3 the other day, stopped working again today just before showtime. Yay...

I was told by NewTek Support that there is a new AE2 build available with the Facebook streaming fix. I have yet to verify it myself.

Looks like the new build of AE2 is now available for download. Website updates haven't processed yet, but the application files are now version 5-1-190411.

https://www.newtek.com/downloads/?tricaster-family
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I installed the new build of AE2 and was able to stream to my Facebook Page without issues.

I installed the new build of AE2 this past weekend. It was a bit dodgy until I also updated the video driver, but after that it appears to be working well and we were able to stream to our FaceBook page without issues.

Thanks
    James Willing
    Toronto Cowboy Church

TriCaster: 460 with AE + CS
    Camera: Panasonic AG-HMG80P, PTZ Optics PT20X-NDI

Is there any hope on the horizon for us without AE?

Quote Originally Posted by srgray View Post
    I installed the new build of AE2 and was able to stream to my Facebook Page without issues.
    YAY!!!!!!!
    About time. It was February when this started. Now I can get all my clients FB streams working after the AE 2 update!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast