Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook issues (again)

If the nVidia driver needed to be updated, the installer should warn you.

Currently, the only version available that has the Facebook fix is Advanced Edition 3. I think an issue was discovered that held back the other releases from going up this week.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I heard a rumor that the only way to fix the Facebook issue is to upgrade to AE Version 3... which would cost $$. A colleague of mine heard this from his re-seller. But, NewTek support is still saying that there will be a patch for Version 2, it's just not ready yet. Is there not enough communication between NewTek and re-sellers? Or is someone trying to swindle?
    Travis Falk
    Operations Technician
    --
    TriCaster 860 AE V2
    3Play 3P1
    LiveText 3
    Daktronics All-Sport CG
    Hitachi Z-HD6000 Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    I heard a rumor that the only way to fix the Facebook issue is to upgrade to AE Version 3... which would cost $$. A colleague of mine heard this from his re-seller. But, NewTek support is still saying that there will be a patch for Version 2, it's just not ready yet. Is there not enough communication between NewTek and re-sellers? Or is someone trying to swindle?
    I'd go with newtek support on this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hey guys, any news on the facebook fix for TC1? We have event tommorrow I'd like to stream without the additional hassle and uncertainty of workaround…
    Timeframe and communication from Newtek on this issue would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Facing equal problems here, any news about this?

I agree with the others that the persistent stream key for Facebook does not work. Also very much of a hassle to setup custom stream twice a day while I am syncing with local cable company switching and doing show timing. Please let us know when an update can be expected.
    Above it was mentioned that the latest AE2 update slowed down a users system. I find that to be the same with mine. Also causing GFX and DDR keys on the keyboard not to be consistent when pressed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work. annoying during live shows.

I have a feeling the fix for Facebook is done, but is being held up with other fixes for other things that are being included in a larger combined update. It looks like AE3 had a fix out the door in a couple of days since a build with the date of February 7th that has a release note saying it was specifically fixed. That is about how fast Wirecast got that Facebook issue fixed and released as well. AE3 might not have had as many pending fixes to test as AE2 may have building up for a release.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

The suggested work arounds don't seem to resolve the issue in my experience. Regardless of what streaming key I enter the page credentials have to be entered which redirects the stream to my personal page or sends the stream out into space.

Anxiously awaiting a fix on this issue...

I have problem with facebook page live stream. I set TC couple of month ago to stream to my fb profile and it working fine. I select TC facebook preset. I made meanwhile page, but i cant stream there. I try to logout from facebook,delete facebook stream profile,make new again and i can post live only to my fb profile. I cant see my fb page in that menu in TC. I see newtek fb stream tutorial and there can be select profile,page,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Banat View Post
    I have problem with facebook page live stream. I set TC couple of month ago to stream to my fb profile and it working fine. I select TC facebook preset. I made meanwhile page, but i cant stream there. I try to logout from facebook,delete facebook stream profile,make new again and i can post live only to my fb profile. I cant see my fb page in that menu in TC. I see newtek fb stream tutorial and there can be select profile,page,etc.
    Facebook broke it about three weeks ago and we are awaiting a NewTek fix for the plugin. In the meantime, you must configure a custom connection. That involves creating and scheduling the video post on your Facebook page and then entering the RTMP settings into your settings on the TriCaster itself.

NewTek has a knowledge base article here - http://new.tk/FBAPI2019

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviware View Post
    The suggested work arounds don't seem to resolve the issue in my experience. Regardless of what streaming key I enter the page credentials have to be entered which redirects the stream to my personal page or sends the stream out into space.

Anxiously awaiting a fix on this issue...

Are you using a persistent key? I had trouble with that going into nowhere too. I had to fall back on using a separate key for each event. If you generate a post and schedule a stream on the page you want it to appear, do you see a "... is planning on going live" show up on the correct page?

Kris

Hi Kris, I haven't tried scheduling a live stream but will do that now and use a separate key as well.

Question: I can't generate a post through the Tricaster interface can I?

You can use the built-in web browser to do it. You can log in to Facebook there and then copy and paste the stream info into your custom setting.

Kris

But that assumes you own the page you're posting to rather than being a page you manage. If you can't sign directly into the page you're trying to post to you have to enter the credentials for the page that manages the page you are trying to post to. By default that means you're posting to the managing page rather than the page you are managing...

I know that sounds ridiculous but that's exactly the problem. I can't post to a page I don't own...

I'm not sure what role you have to have to be able to generate the post, but I'd expect that if you can login as you in the NewTek plugin and successfully stream, when you login as you in the browser you should be able to do the same thing on a page you manage. If you go to Facebook in a browser, can you go to the right top side of the screen where the little down arrow is (next to the notifications and ? icon), click on that and see if you see "Your Pages" and the page you want to stream there? If it isn't there, than I agree you are stuck. If it is there, try clicking on it. Then there should be another menu under the blue top bar and you should see "Publishing Tools" and from there the NewTek knowledge base article should get you going and look something like steps 2 & 3 here:

https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...-Custom-Preset

Also... assuming you get this far, on step 5 of the article... Look carefully at the top right side of this screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inline835749667.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	144214

Make sure on Facebook that you choose where you want to send the Live Broadcast with the post information on the right side before you get the stream key. When you change the place to post, it seems to also change the stream key. There is a little drop down menu at that top right. Choose "Share on a Page You Manage" and make sure the one you want is selected. If it says your timeline in the dropdown menu, that's where it'll go instead.

Kris
    Last edited by kltv; 02-22-2019 at 11:13 PM. Reason: More info

I have clients that are wanting an easy fix for this. One of the clients just installed a TC with AE and now I have to tell them their new equipment doesn't perform because of an update.
    This is hurting my credibility folks. I don't think the work around speaks to the abilities of the AE.
    Really not happy that it feels like Newtek is trying two squeeze money for the AE3 upgrade out of current owners.

My solution
    I am using an Epiphan box that is a fraction for the cost of the upgrade. After a quick update it solves my FB stream problem.
    Last edited by vdmc; 02-28-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast