Thread: Tricaster 460 HDMI port not powered?

Question Tricaster 460 HDMI port not powered?

We just added a display in the foyer at Church that we want to run a program feed out to. Since it was a fair distance, I picked up an HDMI cable with an inline signal booster to be safe.

But... when I connect the monitor to the HDMI output on the Tricaster with this cable I get a "no signal" indication on the display, however if I connect it to one of the HDMI outputs on
    one of our cameras it comes up just fine. The port is set for 1080i which should be supported by the display (55" flat screen) so I found myself wondering does the HDMI port on the Tricaster
    not have the 5VDC supply pin active?

Further, if I connect a monitor to the HDMI port on the Tricaster with a standard HDMI cable the program output is displayed as expected so the output port is working otherwise. I'm confused.

Thanks;
    James Willing
    Toronto Cowboy Church

TriCaster: 460 with AE + CS
    Camera: Panasonic AG-HMG80P, PTZ Optics PT20X-NDI

I don't think that is that the HDMI port on the TriCaster doesn't have 5VDC, it is a question if it delivers enough milliamps for what the the cable needs. You can find HDMI power 'inserters' to help with issues where a devices HDMI port might not have the ability to provide the amount of power that some devices require. Make sure the unit says it isolates power from the HDMI source device, I would think all should do this, but I'd want one that lists this to be sure.
    Last edited by kanep; 02-03-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Fair enough. I'll look into an HDMI power injector and see what that does.

Thanks;
    James Willing
    Toronto Cowboy Church

TriCaster: 460 with AE + CS
    Camera: Panasonic AG-HMG80P, PTZ Optics PT20X-NDI