Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TriCaster Advanced Edition 3 - For all Pro-Line!

Jeff's post is pretty much spot on. In general, AE3 introduces some new features and revisions of existing ones, but with few exceptions does not increase the count of existing features. For example, if you previously had 2 layer M/Es, not 4 layer ones, this will not change. Nor will you gain any new M/Es, DSKs, or Key layers.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

After installing AE3 my TC460 lost the outputs of Intel onboard graphic card that I always used to IMAG. No more options in the output panel. Maybe a bug? Also the auto color sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t work.
    There’s no more h264 recording option. There is an option in the stream/encode configuration, but only one encoder setting. So if we need to stream in low resolution we are not able to record h264 in high resolution...
    AE3 doesn’t show anymore the transition duration. We need to click in the fader/fx settings to see the duration time of the transition.
    There is a delay when selecting any ndi hx source: for exemple cutting inputs 1, 2, 3 and 4 there is no delay, but if you cut to a ndi hx there is a delay. I used 1 PTZOptics camera and 1 Panasonic PTZ with the same results. There is no problem with NDI sources.
    I will do more tests tomorrow...
    Last edited by Koinonia; 01-31-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    There’s no more h264 recording option. There is an option in the stream/encode configuration, but only one encoder setting. So if we need to stream in low resolution we are not able to record h264 in high resolution...
    I do not have AE3 yet, but I believe it's H264 recording is the same as TC1, so have a look at this:

https://www.facebook.com/newtekinc/v...5486821323815/

You actually have more control over the old high/low setting in AE2.

Quote Originally Posted by mzafrany View Post
    I do not have AE3 yet, but I believe it's H264 recording is the same as TC1, so have a look at this:

https://www.facebook.com/newtekinc/v...5486821323815/

You actually have more control over the old high/low setting in AE2.
    It is very similar to TC1, but there is a single encoder with AE3, instead of dual encoders like on the TC1. You get the same encoding options and can encode at higher bit rate than was possible with the AE2 encoder.

I'll mention that the latest versions of Handbrake will read the QuickTime recordings (all the way up to 4K!) from the TriCaster and produces fantastic results with a smaller file size than what the H.264 recorder did. I know its not real-time process, but I've been going this route even with AE2 because the end result was much better. It might be an option for some people.
    Last edited by kanep; 01-31-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    There is a delay when selecting any ndi hx source: for exemple cutting inputs 1, 2, 3 and 4 there is no delay, but if you cut to a ndi hx there is a delay. I used 1 PTZOptics camera and 1 Panasonic PTZ with the same results. There is no problem with NDI sources.
    I will do more tests tomorrow...
    We also have a 460AE2 and have the same delay with NDI sources. Ours only happens when you go from a non-NDI source to one with NDI.
    Test this: Set up three M/Es:
    M/E 1 - use a camera plus NDI source (camera plus laptop maybe)
    M/E 2 - use a camera plus NDI source, but position the NDI source off screen as a comp
    M/E 3 - no NDI sources.

We only had a delay when switching from a non-NDI source to one with NDI. Switching from 3 to 2 or from 3 to 1, but no delay switching from 2 to 1.
    Since we do quite a bit of virtual set work, we simply make sure that there is an NDI source (usually a laptop) included somewhere in every M/E - even if it is not visible on the screen.

This is a workaround that we have been using for about a year.

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    This is a workaround that we have been using for about a year.
    Workarounds are ok, imho, in two cases - to sidestep a short term bug, or make up for s specific workflow need not directly supported (as, for example, in connection with interop). Elsewise ... if, for example, you're finding an issue switching an HX source, please file a bug report with full details. Pretty please.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Excellent point, thanks for mentioning this. In consequence of your post, I can tell you that we just decided to add a second encoder to AE3. (This will actually more than make up for the absent H.264 recorder, since it will allow you to capture a higher quality file from the same or another designated source, AND you will also be able to stream that second program if you wish.)

AE3 doesn’t show anymore the transition duration. We need to click in the fader/fx settings to see the duration time of the transition.
    We've talked about this a bit, and I'd appreciate feedback. One of the suggestions was to show the duration for a layer on hovering the mouse over the effect icon. Would that help, in your view?

One other tangentially related item I'll mention here - Dante output as implemented in 5-1 was inadvertently dropped from AE3. This will be reinstated as quickly as possible, but it will now be supported in the same way that TC1 and VMC1 (without Premium Access) offer; this is a superior, more flexible implementation.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    .... I can tell you that we just decided to add a second encoder to AE3...
    Wow! I like this.

One other tangentially related item I'll mention here - Dante output as implemented in 5-1 was inadvertently dropped from AE3. This will be reinstated as quickly as possible, but it will now be supported in the same way that TC1 and VMC1 (without Premium Access) offer; this is a superior, more flexible implementation.
    Thanks for mentioning this - having gone through some Dante issues with the last couple of updates I'm glad you saved me the time of installing this update only to find no Dante support yet. But looking forward to the better Dante implementation. That's really good news.

Excellent point, thanks for mentioning this. In consequence of your post, I can tell you that we just decided to add a second encoder to AE3. (This will actually more than make up for the absent H.264 recorder, since it will allow you to capture a higher quality file from the same or another designated source, AND you will also be able to stream that second program if you wish.)
    Steve, now I can see a big, big, big improvement over AE2 h264 recorder! I would be able to encode at higher bit rate for file capture and at the same time keep streaming at a different bit rate. Thanks!

We've talked about this a bit, and I'd appreciate feedback. One of the suggestions was to show the duration for a layer on hovering the mouse over the effect icon. Would that help, in your view?
    Not really, because when I change the rotate buttom in CS, I need to see the duration values. It's ok if you don't use any Control Surface, but it's non sense if you use a CS, unless if the CS had a display showing the duration...

More and more reasons to make the update to AE3!
    Last edited by Koinonia; 02-01-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    Daniel Choi

Not really, because when I change the rotate buttom in CS, I need to see the duration values. It's ok if you don't use any Control Surface, but it's non sense if you use a CS, unless if the CS had a display showing the duration...
    Fair point. Most of the CSes don't have displays that could be used for that purpose, though, which suggests we need another approach. There's only so much space available, though. Would you like it better it if we showed time instead of the effect name?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Fair point. Most of the CSes don't have displays that could be used for that purpose, though, which suggests we need another approach. There's only so much space available, though. Would you like it better it if we showed time instead of the effect name?
    My sugestions:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exemple.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	144007
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exemple2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	144008
    Last edited by Koinonia; 02-01-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    Daniel Choi

Jeff's post is pretty much spot on. In general, AE3 introduces some new features and revisions of existing ones, but with few exceptions does not increase the count of existing features. For example, if you previously had 2 layer M/Es, not 4 layer ones, this will not change. Nor will you gain any new M/Es, DSKs, or Key layers.
    After installing on TC Mini, the number of outputs (MIX) is down to 2.

AE2 had 4: first 2 HDMI + NDI, last 2 just NDI. Is this a bug?

We need 4 mixes to record program + 3 MEs.

Write a bug report, would you Moshe. That's not right.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Write a bug report, would you Moshe. That's not right.
    Done.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast