Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TriCaster Advanced Edition 3 - For all Pro-Line!

Quote Originally Posted by mzafrany View Post
    I tested AE3 the 455->460 system with the original card(740) and with a 1050ti (https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Ca...N105TOC-4GL#kf). Huge difference in response.
    Had to remove the upper DVI screw and I left the DVI plastic cover (you can’t access it anyway). You end with two HDMI and one DP.
    This is not approved by NewTek. You do it at your own risk.
    I’m happy with the results.
    Glad to hear that it works. I installed the 417 driver for my 640 display card and it now passes the compatibility test. I'm sure I would need to replace the video card like you did for better response. Keep us posted if you find any issues. I have thought about selling my TC460, but without being able to put AE3, I knew the value would be a lot less.

Thanks,
    Marty
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5
    Cameras: Sony NX5U
    Cabling: SDI

I've read through this entire thread and am still confused. Someone asked about NDI sources and being able to do replays from them.

So just one simple question: I have 3 Camera's plugged into Sparks. Can I add them to DDR for replay in AE3? Running Tricaster Mini HDMI

My current work around is to run NDI monitor on laptops and then extend the desktops via hdmi to my tricaster so I can capture them for replay. Would love to get rid of that...

TriCaster allows you to record the physical inputs (SDI/HDMI/Analog) and the MIX outputs. On most systems is allows a total of 4 recording between all of these selections, but a few system can do 8 channels of recording.

NDI isn't a physical input on the unit, so you will not be able to directly select for recording. However, there are a few ways around this.

1. You want to record all 3 cameras for replay and have any camera usable as a replay angle.
    You can use the Hardware Configuration panel (gear on the output window) and send the three NDI inputs to the MIX 2, MIX 3 and MIX 4 outputs. Then click on the replay buttons in the record tool to create a replay. This method will use all of your outputs, so if you are using outputs 2 thru 4 for other things, you will need to look at the next method below.

TIP! You can rename the MIX # names in the Output panel. So you can give the replay button better names than just MIX # that appear in the recording panel at the top of the screen.

2. You want to be able to select between all 3 cameras, but only one angle will be available for replay at a time.
    You can use the Hardware Configuration panel (gear on the output window) and send an M/E to just one of the MIX #.

Now use that same M/E and you can switch between the input cameras, whichever camera is currently select is the one that you can create a replay from. This method will only use up one output, but you have to make sure you select the correct camera or you will get a unusable replay angle.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Jeff's post is pretty much spot on. In general, AE3 introduces some new features and revisions of existing ones, but with few exceptions does not increase the count of existing features. For example, if you previously had 2 layer M/Es, not 4 layer ones, this will not change. Nor will you gain any new M/Es, DSKs, or Key layers.
    After reading this, I am wondering if installing AE3 on a TC mini is a waste of time. Is there any significant upgrades in AE3 for TC mini that would make it worthwhile?
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director
    TriCaster: Mini (with AE3), Connect Spark,
    5 Katovision PTZ cameras, KT-610C controller
    Live video production and streaming

Quote Originally Posted by mark_gnmtd View Post
    After reading this, I am wondering if installing AE3 on a TC mini is a waste of time. Is there any significant upgrades in AE3 for TC mini that would make it worthwhile?

As I see it, the main advantage of AE3 instaslled on a mini, like the rest of the TC 410/460/860/8000, is under the hood. This version has V7 engine, that is more effitiant and tuned to work with NDI.

Beyond that, the TC mini does get some increase count in features: you get 10 animated buffers instead of 5 in AE2 and the ability to record and stream two MP4 contents.

AE3 on mini also has new features, like touch screan support, multiviewer volume sliders, livematte pro and more (they are all linsted with red "New" here: https://www.newtek.com/tricaster/adv...tion/in-depth/ , except those indicated that are for 460 and above).

As I see it, the main advantage of AE3 instaslled on a mini, like the rest of the TC 410/460/860/8000, is under the hood. This version has V7 engine, that is more effitiant and tuned to work with NDI.

Beyond that, the TC mini does get some increase count in features: you get 10 animated buffers instead of 5 in AE2 and the ability to record and stream two MP4 contents.

AE3 on mini also has new features, like touch screan support, multiviewer volume sliders, livematte pro and more (they are all linsted with red "New" here: https://www.newtek.com/tricaster/adv...tion/in-depth/ , except those indicated that are for 460 and above).
    Thank you for the info. There are some nice upgrades for the TC mini in AE3. I read one of your post that talks about the graphics card GT740 not passing the compatibility test. The 740 is what came with my TC mini. I already have the AE3 licences so it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade the video card to make it work. Any suggestions as to the video card I should be looking for?
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director

Thank you for the info. There are some nice upgrades for the TC mini in AE3. I read one of your post that talks about the graphics card GT740 not passing the compatibility test. The 740 is what came with my TC mini. I already have the AE3 licences so it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade the video card to make it work. Any suggestions as to the video card I should be looking for?
    The 740 is passing compatibility if you upgrade to the latest driver.

I will test other gfx cards when I return from NAB. I believe a low profile 1030 should fit (but does not have support for case monitor, if you have one in your system).

I will test other gfx cards when I return from NAB. I believe a low profile 1030 should fit (but does not have support for case monitor, if you have one in your system).
    I have updated the driver in the 740 and will run the compatibility test again. The TC mini is an HD-4 model without a case monitor so a low profile 1030 would be a huge improvement over the 740. I have considered upgrading the hard drive to a SSD and moving the HDD to the second drive location for more storage. I record h.264 with AE2 for distribution and I hope AE3 has that option. I hope you have a great time at NAB. Thanks again
    Last edited by mark_gnmtd; 03-29-2019 at 12:47 AM.
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Dr. Cross mentioned a free year of Premium Access for people who upgraded to AE3 during his address last night at NAB.
    I know this was just announced, but does anyone know how this will work (registration process, etc)?

Andrew
    Last edited by Red Dog Records; 04-08-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    Dr. Cross mentioned a free year of Premium Access for people who upgraded to AE3 during his address last night at NAB.
    I know this was just announced, but does anyone know how this will work (registration process, etc)?

Andrew
    Hi Andrew, In the past when NewTek has had a free promotion, a coupon code is issued by email. You simply make the purchase at the online store and apply the coupon to bring the invoice to a zero balance. That would be my guess as to how.
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director

I think it would be good to get a little clarification on this. I listened pretty carefully as Andrew mentioned it, and specifically he said that you will get PA free for a year if you bought AE3 (he added that conversely, a 12 month PA membership will get you a free AE3 upgrade). This is a fine distinction, because some folks got AE3 for free when it was first released, and I'm not sure that the free 12 months of PA applies in that case. This is a question for Sales, really.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have re-run the compatibility test and the new driver for the GT740 is passing now. Before I install AE3, will sessions created in AE2 work in AE3?
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director

Before I install AE3, will sessions created in AE2 work in AE3?
    It's not guarantied. Some work fine but some have issues (like macro commands changes).

We generally aim to make sure macro shortcuts are backwards compatible. Exceptions should be very rare, so if you find one. please bug it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It's not guarantied. Some work fine but some have issues (like macro commands changes).
    I have installed the newest version 190409 of AE3 and it runs much better with the GT740 gfx card than AE2 . There were some macro command changes such as selecting an M/E on the preview row. My sessions that I created in AE2 are working very well in AE3. I am having a little difficulty with recording H.264 for distribution. I configured Stream/Encode, but the file I get in the Encode folder is not usable. Once I have the recording configured correctly I am going to like AE3 a lot. Any suggestions for recording H.264?
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast