Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TriCaster Advanced Edition 3 - For all Pro-Line!

Really appreciate the new .h264 flexibility

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

I have a Tricaster 460 that was updated from a 455. When I run the compatibility test for Advanced Edition 3, it says the graphics driver is too old. I updated to the 399.24 which I think may be the latest that works correctly. I'm running the latest version of Standard Edition. Even after updating the driver I get the same message that the driver is too old. Should I update to the latest driver or is Advanced Edition 3 just not compatible with my upgraded 455/460 Tricaster?

Thanks,
    Marty
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5
    Cameras: Sony NX5U
    Cabling: SDI

AE3 needs a driver higher than v413 if I'm not mistaken, I've been using the v417 driver on systems where I installed it.

The 400+ driver issue has been fixed in the latest version of TriCaster software. However, if your system started as a 455/855 system I doubt it will take the AE3 update.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    AE3 needs a driver higher than v413 if I'm not mistaken, I've been using the v417 driver on systems where I installed it.

The 400+ driver issue has been fixed in the latest version of TriCaster software. However, if your system started as a 455/855 system I doubt it will take the AE3 update.
    I figure it won't take the update either, but thought I would run the test and see. I may install the 400 version driver and see what it says. I'm guessing it would have to have a new processor and motherboard. May also require a new video card. Only option for me and other people would be to upgrade to a TC1 or a true TC460 and that would be too costly.

Thanks,
    Marty
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5

If you have an 8000, there are no guarantees that this will work. On our system, we could not use it due to the gpx card being too old.
    Last edited by dhodlick; 02-05-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    If you have an 8000, there are no guarantees that this will work. On our system, we could not use it due to the gpx card being too old.
    I have a TC460 that was upgraded from a 455. I have the 640 graphics card that I think will work. I believe my problem is the motherboard and CPU. The i7-2600 only supports AVX, but not AVX2. I guess if you keep anything long enough it becomes uncompatible. I'm not currently running AE, but thought I might add AE3 since it's on sale right now. I have also thought about trying to sell it with just the standard edition on it, but now it's probably not worth as much, since it won't run AE3.

Marty Davis
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5

Let's just say that it was a cold shower to see that our three year old top-shelf system is now considered EOL.

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    Let's just say that it was a cold shower to see that our three year old top-shelf system is now considered EOL.
    I think you just need to replace the GFX card with a new one. We installed GV-N1070IXOC-8GD. We needed to use a PCIE Black 8 pin to 2 x Molex Power Converter Cable, hdmi to dvi-a & dp to dvi-a (the card has dvi-d connectors and the cables that connect to it are dvi-a so they will not fit).

I believe that GV-N2060IXOC-6GD should also work but we do not have any experience with it.

What is the CPU & MB in your system?

Quote Originally Posted by mzafrany View Post
    I think you just need to replace the GFX card with a new one. We installed GV-N1070IXOC-8GD. We needed to use a PCIE Black 8 pin to 2 x Molex Power Converter Cable, hdmi to dvi-a & dp to dvi-a (the card has dvi-d connectors and the cables that connect to it are dvi-a so they will not fit).

I believe that GV-N2060IXOC-6GD should also work but we do not have any experience with it.

What is the CPU & MB in your system?
    My CPU is an i7-2600. I'm not sure what motherboard is in it. I think the GX640 video card works with AE3. Someone said, I think Kane, that was in one that he had installed AE3 on.

Marty Davis
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5

Quote Originally Posted by Marty01 View Post
    My CPU is an i7-2600.
    Finished installing AE3 on a 460 (that was originally 455) with i7-2600. First impression is everything works.

Quote Originally Posted by mzafrany View Post
    Finished installing AE3 on a 460 (that was originally 455) with i7-2600. First impression is everything works.

That's great news for folks like me that have the TC455 to TC460 upgrade.

Thanks,
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5

That is good news!
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I tested AE3 the 455->460 system with the original card(740) and with a 1050ti (https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Ca...N105TOC-4GL#kf). Huge difference in response.
    Had to remove the upper DVI screw and I left the DVI plastic cover (you can’t access it anyway). You end with two HDMI and one DP.
    This is not approved by NewTek. You do it at your own risk.
    I’m happy with the results.

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    To add to Jeff's list, I believe the MINI and 410 do not get COMP's ability, the same as in AE2 and can not re-insert M/E's, again same as AE2
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    To add to Jeff's list, I believe the MINI and 410 do not get COMP's ability...
    To be clear, only 460 and up ever had Comps - so again, this is consistent with AE2.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast