Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd party Companies that LW could ally itself: Tell us your ideas.

3rd party Companies that LW could ally itself: Tell us your ideas.

Hi guys, it has been a while.
    I am following Chuck advice and starting new threads for 2019.

Anyway I think that going forward I think it is in the the interest of Newtek to ally itself with smaller companies.
    For example
    3D COAT (3D sculpting): https://3dcoat.com/home/
    Quill (Ocullus VR animation tool) :https://quill.fb.com/

and here is one I have been trying for a while to get NewTek to talk to them
    Akeytsu (next gen animation toolsets) https://www.nukeygara.com/

And I would seriously consider looking at selling Lw on the STEAM marketplace.

Anyway, so tell us your ideas.

-R
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

3D Coat is a good idea, cant speak for Quills as i dont have a VR Rig. Problem is small companies like Allegorithmic can soon become big companies like Adobe. I certainly would not like to see LW end up in the situation of being a target for anyone really. I mean C4D is no longer Maxon, they are owned by another company, Modo has gone to Foundry. Im sure it all makes business sense but as far as artists go it usually makes less sense for them.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

I think Rob try to buy 3D Coat, but they weren't interested, but I guess the question is "how do they ally themselves" with a company like 3D Coat? Would it just be marketing, or a bridge (which they have)?

make a tool like they have with the unreal bridge. Its sweet and actually works! Instantly sped up production times if you use unreal. That same system with 3d coat and substance would be good. Perhaps that is what Interchange will be able to do?

With Akeytsu, it might well be good to use that if there can be bidirectional interchange, that's really the key, no export/import, just works. I own it but I have to say I find it another tool to use and would prefer things native.

I think atm though, I'd rather they focus on the UI/UX, bugs, modeller features (huge list from way back.. 20yrs ?) Animation tools could also do with an overhaul. And layout tools in layout, like grid snap etc.

Indeed, the first steps is to make tools that connect like the new unreal bridge. Substance drop the LWO format just over a year ago i think and now they are teaming up with Adobe, so that horse has bolted. Having said that we have the AE connection so its possible maybe in the future to have a connection to Substance in Adobe. Oliver Hotz would seem like the sort of guy who would know more about this.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

I would personally like to see Newtek work with AMD and get Radeon Pro Render onto the platform. It's a free GPU engine and I think AMD is eager to get Pro Render on as many platform as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by thomascheng View Post
    I would personally like to see Newtek work with AMD and get Radeon Pro Render onto the platform. It's a free GPU engine and I think AMD is eager to get Pro Render on as many platform as possible.
    Yep, I would like this too, especially with Radeon Pro Render being optimised for Metal 2 for Mac users.

I know Octane is already covered... but how about some Redshift love? They are available to almost every other software.

I'd like to see some kind of replacement or upgrade for NevronMotion. What kind of new hardware can we adapt it for and will it include stuff like facial motion capture?
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

I would like to see TAFA revived in some way, and if that could be incorporated side by side with Annosoft which is already compatible with LW, it would be unbelievable. And Mark is a very approachable guy - hint .
    Last edited by TheLexx; 01-30-2019 at 03:01 AM.

Autodesk would be the best fit I think. Well at least until they gain their trust, get one of the tech guys drunk copy his key card, sneak in late one nite which should be easy as no one at Autodesk works hard so the place will be empty after 5pm.

Look for their archives especially the one named Softimage. Copy it onto a flash drive, not sure how big software is so may have to be a really large flash drive.

Then go to the roof, jump off the roof and deploy their parachutes, meet up with someone driving a black van, any black van will do, then deliver the flash drive or drives to Newtek.

Then they just need to re label it Lightwave 2020, and we are sorted, Updated modeling tools, Great partials and simulations etc, Render passes, Unification all in a nights work.

Easy as... :-)

I would vote for 3dCoat, in order to have a good bridge plugin.

I wouldn't suggest to ally with any cad enterprise, because they tend to buy 3d packages to kill them; or other weird results.

About the renderer, for every one you add, the better. But cannot decide which one would be more beneficial.

Best regards.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

For me the biggest gap right now in terms of the LW toolset is in its character animation capabilities. In other areas it is doing great to good (but procedural animation toolsets in layout would rock). I am trying to get the developer of Akeytsu to talk directly to the LW community (he is a friend).

So guys until then , any other 3rd party animation programs (a la Softimage) that could complement LW?

-R
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post

So guys until then , any other 3rd party animation programs (a la Softimage) that could complement LW?

-R
    Ditto 3D Kiwi's scenario, except swap Softimage for Messiah Studio (as an add-on).

I would certainly be all in for a Lightwave/3dcoat bridge plugin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast