Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Lightwave to Blender Training now FREE!!

  1. #1
    ..since 4.0 and beyond brent3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    346

    Lightwave to Blender Training now FREE!!

    My Lightwave to Blender Crossover Training is now free on Youtube. It's for anyone who wants to add Blender to their pipeline but need it to function like Lightwave this is the training for you. Associated Key configurations and Addon link downloads can be found in the video description. Have fun!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crossover LW to Blender.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	728.9 KB 
ID:	143982
    Last edited by brent3d; 01-28-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    [URL="http://www.alleynestudio.com/home"]Alleyne Studio / 3D Art & Animation[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/alleyne3d"]Brent's Youtube Training Vids[/URL]

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    1,064
    Thank you very much Brent. Could I quickly ask a LW/Blender question - is it theoretically possible to get LW animations into Blender to render in Cycles (as an alternative to Octane) ?

  3. #3
    ..since 4.0 and beyond brent3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Thank you very much Brent. Could I quickly ask a LW/Blender question - is it theoretically possible to get LW animations into Blender to render in Cycles (as an alternative to Octane) ?
    Yes! Go to 42:48 sec of my video here and I walk you through the process. Watch the full video for more Lightwave and Cycles goodness.
    https://youtu.be/diQExULG_Vo?t=2568
    [URL="http://www.alleynestudio.com/home"]Alleyne Studio / 3D Art & Animation[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/alleyne3d"]Brent's Youtube Training Vids[/URL]

  4. #4
    ..since 4.0 and beyond brent3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Thank you very much Brent. Could I quickly ask a LW/Blender question - is it theoretically possible to get LW animations into Blender to render in Cycles (as an alternative to Octane) ?
    Also, here's a link to my video of how to export Lightwave's camera and it's animation to Blender, because FBX does not work in that case. Links to the NukeChan plugin for LW are found below in the description.https://youtu.be/ldjMrc3DqjY
    [URL="http://www.alleynestudio.com/home"]Alleyne Studio / 3D Art & Animation[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/alleyne3d"]Brent's Youtube Training Vids[/URL]

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    1,064
    Great Brent, that looks like ingenious stuff. If Cycles can work with Lightwave, then I think in theory so can LuxCoreRender, which I heard can use AMD GPUs and mix'n'match with Nvidia GPUs and CPU. If so, there are three GPU render options for Lightwave. On the face of it, a case of "Bye Octane, it was nice not knowing you"....

    Btw, I do recall the Genoma test where you get totally into the zone with that crazy bird creature, and make it look like real fun (I even showed it to my wife ). Best wishes.

  6. #6
    ..since 4.0 and beyond brent3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Great Brent, that looks like ingenious stuff. If Cycles can work with Lightwave, then I think in theory so can LuxCoreRender, which I heard can use AMD GPUs and mix'n'match with Nvidia GPUs and CPU. If so, there are three GPU render options for Lightwave. On the face of it, a case of "Bye Octane, it was nice not knowing you"....

    Btw, I do recall the Genoma test where you get totally into the zone with that crazy bird creature, and make it look like real fun (I even showed it to my wife ). Best wishes.
    Cool! Thanks TheLexx. Also in the case your using AMD cards check out AMD's FREE renderer for Blender. Used it at a clients site and it's actually really nice and fast. https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/...render-blender
    [URL="http://www.alleynestudio.com/home"]Alleyne Studio / 3D Art & Animation[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/alleyne3d"]Brent's Youtube Training Vids[/URL]

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    2,484
    isnt octane 4 free for blender too or has that not happened yet?

  8. #8
    ..since 4.0 and beyond brent3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    isnt octane 4 free for blender too or has that not happened yet?
    Octane/Blender v4 is only free for Octane/Blender v3 license holders although I did see developer talk at Otoy discussing potential free lic for Blender in the future, but not now.
    [URL="http://www.alleynestudio.com/home"]Alleyne Studio / 3D Art & Animation[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/alleyne3d"]Brent's Youtube Training Vids[/URL]

  9. #9
    Registered User gdkeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    295
    Thanks for sharing this. What I'm most interested in is taking certain Blender tutorials (e.g. making an eye) and then doing the equivalent technique in LightWave.

  10. #10
    ..since 4.0 and beyond brent3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by gdkeast View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. What I'm most interested in is taking certain Blender tutorials (e.g. making an eye) and then doing the equivalent technique in LightWave.
    The closest thing I have to that would be my Nemo vid tutorials https://youtu.be/BBHfKQOy30M?list=PL...umoRjRXj_Z80FR
    [URL="http://www.alleynestudio.com/home"]Alleyne Studio / 3D Art & Animation[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/alleyne3d"]Brent's Youtube Training Vids[/URL]

  11. #11
    Eat your peas. Greenlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,290
    Thanks for creating and sharing this! I'm looking forward to watching it soon.

  12. #12
    ..since 4.0 and beyond brent3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    Thanks for creating and sharing this! I'm looking forward to watching it soon.
    Awesome!
    [URL="http://www.alleynestudio.com/home"]Alleyne Studio / 3D Art & Animation[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/alleyne3d"]Brent's Youtube Training Vids[/URL]

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    50
    Thanks, Brent! This looks awesome. Been wanting to bring my LW stuff into Blender to render and save time.

  14. #14
    ..since 4.0 and beyond brent3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by sk810 View Post
    Thanks, Brent! This looks awesome. Been wanting to bring my LW stuff into Blender to render and save time.
    Good to hear, it will speed a lot of things up and you'll have direct access to sculpting and fluid effects, etc.
    [URL="http://www.alleynestudio.com/home"]Alleyne Studio / 3D Art & Animation[/URL]

    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/alleyne3d"]Brent's Youtube Training Vids[/URL]

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,762
    Thanks. It will come in handy, for sure!
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •