Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3D® 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

@Chuck

I'm trying to request educational upgrade pricing; which directs me to a contact form.

On submitting the completed form it just throws a server error.

Any ideas?

Ta.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    NewTek is pleased to announce the release of LightWave 3D® 2019, a new edition of the production-proven graphics and animation package that refines the artist’s workflow to make creation of complex, photo-real animation and imagery faster and more efficient. Leading the list of improvements are the revolutionary new integration tools with Unreal Engine for real time data transfer to the world’s leading game engine. The system performs automatic discovery to make the workflow entirely seamless.

Another major advance for LightWave users is the new Metamorphic system, which brings multipurpose animatable mesh sculpting and painting to Layout. Fully multi-threaded for fast operation, Metamorphic includes a wide range of brush options and controls, multiple animation modes, nonlinear interpolation, motion blur support and much more.

Additional Highlights:
    • New UV mapping and UDIM tile mapping tools and capabilities in Modeler
    • Smoothing Groups in Modeler for fine-tuned control of contours in models
    • Limited Bones mode
      • Set the number of bones that affect a given point to match the target game engine
      • Real-time optimizations to better match the bone system performance expected in game engines
    • Interchange Bridge for interactive FBX interchange; support for more FBX attributes
    • Shading Model Customization Tools
    • New Shape Primitives and tools
    • OpenVDB creation tools
    • Shading and Rendering Enhancements
      • Edge Shader Node simulates beveled or rounded edges without geometry
      • Patina Node adds wear and dirt to surfaces to give your world that lived-in look
      • Procedural Shader Node wraps classic LightWave™ procedural textures for Node Editor
      • NVIDIA OptiX™ Denoising for still images (requires NVIDIA graphics card)
      • Despike can reduce or eliminate artifacts for a render that has “fireflies”
      • Scientifically-accurate Physical Sky shader and SunLight light type.
    • Workflow and UI:
      • Display Scaling Options for high-resolution monitors and multiple monitor setups
      • Expanded Layout Undo System
      • Popup Menus now support mouse wheel, navigation keys, search and more
      • Node Graph controls for grid size, snap to grid, grid brightness and color, Tidy Nodes
      • Online Documentation adapts to the screen format of any device
      • “Managed portal” licensing option for large facilities. Purchase by special arrangement.

Availability & Pricing
    LightWave 3D 2019 for Windows and Mac OS is available now for USMSRP $995.

Registered owners of any previous version of LightWave 3D can upgrade to LightWave 2019 for US$395, through March 31, 2019.

LightWave owners who are eligible for special pricing under the terms of a previous purchase will need to contact LightWave Customer Services directly for their purchase arrangements.

International pricing may vary.

Educational pricing is also available. Visit www.lightwave3d.com/buy-lightwave/ to purchase or to locate an authorized LightWave reseller.

New Features Page (with videos)

LightWave 3D 2019 Tutorials
    uh wha?

Solid release! Overall performance is a lot better than 2018 especially for VPR response!

same account error as above!

Frequenter
    yep, here as well...
    probably a good sign as apparently the whole world seems to wish to upgrade today and send money to NT ;-}

This update is a surprise!

Would the "Display Scaling" feature enable the development of a future zoom/pan feature in the Camera viewport?
    Or a "Zoom Limited Region" maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    This update is a surprise!

Would the "Display Scaling" feature enable the development of a future zoom/pan feature in the Camera viewport?
    Or a "Zoom Limited Region" maybe?
    If the Display Scaling you're talking about is what I think it is, then it's only for the interface elements.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Looks sexy, I say Wavedini here we come ,

great work, from great listening.

Big Kudos to all you Devs

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    That's not a question we can answer for you here, if you mean that you have a discount based on the terms of a previous purchase. You'll need to contact LightWave Customer Services for that information. We're honoring any terms we've previously set forth, but that's not something we're going to try to work through with people on the forums or on social media.
    Hmmm I'd like to know the same thing about my upgrade price. But logging into my account and trying to submit a 'contact us' question about my account / version upgrade leads me to an error page. Couldn't get it to work. Would I have to call NT to get this info?

Ha.. .sorry.. didn't see others had the same issue. I was lazy and didn't read.

creacon
    Nice to see that the OpenVDB implementation supports a lot of the OpenVDB functionality.

I implemented the filters and the CSG in my own plugin a long time ago, but it would be a lot nicer if I could just create the levelset and let LW (or the user) take it from there. In the video there is also an input/output for a particle system, is this documented anywhere? Are these the "classic" LW particle systems?

thanks

creacon

Im having issue with applying for a discount "sorry, an error occurred" and registering the trial... i'll wait a few days #mantears

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited for CG Channel to share the news.
    I was thinking the same but...http://www.cgchannel.com/2019/01/new...ightwave-2019/
    Dell XPS8700 Quad Core i7 [email protected] - 16 GB DDR3 - GeForce GTX 750ti - Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Already done (LWB-4573), just asking here in case anyone else had encountered and already found a solution.
    I should have known. And if I do hear anything I'll share here.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    Im having issue with applying for a discount "sorry, an error occurred" and registering the trial... i'll wait a few days #mantears
    same here...
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    Attention LW3DG Marketing: I found out about LW2019 on blenderartists.org an hour ago. Nothing today on Octane LW Forums, CGChannel.com, CGPRess.org, creativebloq.com... Didn't get an email from you...
    The email will be going out in a few days. We typically do a rollout over time, such that services can keep up with the demand. Yesterday was press release to press contacts, public announcements on our forum, social media and blog. We also appreciate when members of the community share to the locations they frequent to help the news spread further.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by creacon View Post
    Nice to see that the OpenVDB implementation supports a lot of the OpenVDB functionality.

I implemented the filters and the CSG in my own plugin a long time ago, but it would be a lot nicer if I could just create the levelset and let LW (or the user) take it from there. In the video there is also an input/output for a particle system, is this documented anywhere? Are these the "classic" LW particle systems?

thanks

creacon
    Yes the particle system in OpenVDB nodes input/outputs uses the "classic" LW particle system with position, size, velocity, enable, etc. A particleFX system can be also selected as a source.
    -Jon

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast