Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3D 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

I'd like to see the save dialog sequence changed back to save scene and then save objects. Not sure why it was changed.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

I've looked all over you tube, here & lightwave3d.com - where the heck is a proper, succinct, comprhensive, short new features video for 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by sami View Post
    I've looked all over you tube, here & lightwave3d.com - where the heck is a proper, succinct, comprhensive, short new features video for 2019?
    Do you mean this?

https://www.newtek.com/lightwave/2019/tutorials/
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Question and I will preface this by saying I have not had time to read the entire thread so I am sorry if this was answered.

Does 2019 save files different than 2018? For example if I have someone make a scene for me and they are using 2019 will I be able to open it in my 2018 version? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sami View Post
    I would like to see in ONE video all the new features explained. It helps to see it all together rather than tutorials. I remember when 2018 came out there was some really good ones I saw that explained them.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Question and I will preface this by saying I have not had time to read the entire thread so I am sorry if this was answered.

Does 2019 save files different than 2018? For example if I have someone make a scene for me and they are using 2019 will I be able to open it in my 2018 version? Thanks
    Yes they do load in 2018 but you'll get some plugin errors depending on what they've done. Reasonable to expect that.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Another question - Does the 2019 trial run as fast as the 2019 I would buy? It seems a little slower in most everything I am doing so far. I am comparing 2018 to it and it just moves around and loads slower so I got curious.

Content for 2019 demo is different from the content of the full version? I have seen many examples in groups on FB where scenes from content for 2019 were mentioned which are not in my demo version.

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Content for 2019 demo is different from the content of the full version? I have seen many examples in groups on FB where scenes from content for 2019 were mentioned which are not in my demo version.
    I have both the trial and full version in my account. The content links for each point to the same location. You may be disappointed to realize that the majority of the 2 GB download is identical to the 2018 content. There are only a few LWS files added to showcase new 2019 features.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Yes that's correct and as raymondtrace mentioned the content is the same for demo and full version. I posted the difference of the two content folders (2018 and 2019) here:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...=1#post1563100

There was a lot of efforts going into creative content for 2015 and 2018 but close to none into 2019. That reflects also in the short 2019 videos.

It's nice to get cool content but to me it's more important NewTek concentrates on improving the product itself with their limited resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Another question - Does the 2019 trial run as fast as the 2019 I would buy? It seems a little slower in most everything I am doing so far. I am comparing 2018 to it and it just moves around and loads slower so I got curious.
    LW2019 runs faster in some situations but in others slower (like a deformer on a high poly object) for me. Overall OpenGL / viewport performance in LW is a multitude slower that in other 3d applications with heavy scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    ...It's nice to get cool content but to me it's more important NewTek concentrates on improving the product itself with their limited resources.
    I assume the general expectation of content is for feature demonstration. In that regard, it is important to include...for the benefit of training users and for the benefit of marketing the product.

While the minimalist pitch was sufficient for me to buy, the health of the program is questionable if NT persists in hiding its product. I'm hopeful NT will soon remake/restore the demonstration videos that were yanked from the features page ( https://www.newtek.com/lightwave/2019/features/ ).
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    LW2019 runs faster in some situations but in others slower (like a deformer on a high poly object) for me. Overall OpenGL / viewport performance in LW is a multitude slower that in other 3d applications with heavy scenes.
    I was beginning to think it was just me. I was comparing 2018 and 2019 trial and while it was just a few seconds it seemed to go slower. Still cool stuff though.

Blog Entries
    Are there any improvements to cel shading
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

I haven't played much with 2019, but I have tested two things that matter the most to me. First is Layout viewport speed. With my Quadro K6000 I am able to see comfortable fps in viewport with as much as 83 millions polygons (GPU at 100%, GPU memory 100% full). I am really glad to see this and I think this is enough for me for many years to come. The second is render and render speed. Have only tried little scene with glass cosmetics jar in a "studio" environment with many lights and difusors witch I use for compositing. So render time in 2018.07 is over 9 minutes while 2019.01 is less than 6 minutes. Not only time has changed but the render, too and I think for the better. There is a little detail on the jar which improves realism I think and can be achieved in 2018 with increasing reflection recursion. Not that sure about that.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast