Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3D 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Keyboard shortcuts and graphics tablet support have not been implemented in MacOS.
    Ah well, and there I was thinking this actually looks like the version worth spending money on. This attitude of Mac doesn't matter is really off-putting.
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Ah well, and there I was thinking this actually looks like the version worth spending money on. This attitude of Mac doesn't matter is really off-putting.
    Please rest assured that is not the attitude of the team toward Mac. Our apologies for the frustration, but some things work very differently between the platforms, and it sometimes does takes us longer to work out a solution on one platform or the other, depending on the issue. In this case, aspects of the current architecture of Layout also need to be addressed in order to make the issue more fully resolvable on both platforms.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

TBH, I have been using metamorphic a lot for mac on 2018 and while the fact that the non-working shortcuts is a bit annoying as you have to click the tools instead of shortcuts, it is not a showstopper either. This said, that doesn't mean Newtek has not to work on getting the Mac version on par with Window's, of course.

Anyone who purchased within the last 30 days should contact LightWave Customer Support, as that is within the grace period, LightWave 2019 is yours.
    Thank you. I have now two 2019 licences in my account
    Last edited by MarcusM; 01-23-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by js33 View Post
    I have been in the Houdini and Blender worlds for awhile but I feel LW calling me home again.
    I'm feeling the same too. Downloading the trial now.

I have a feature request for LW 2020. Can we also mail RFE -> requests for enhancements? The sidefx guys allow you to submit RFE's. It would be nice to have a mail to submit these. You could then do what you like with them.

I've always liked TAFA. For facial animation it's great. Could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease get it in LW 2019.1.2 or in LW 2020.

http://ta-animation.com/FA/

Quote Originally Posted by Curly_01 View Post
    I have a feature request for LW 2020. Can we also mail RFE -> requests for enhancements? The sidefx guys allow you to submit RFE's. It would be nice to have a mail to submit these. You could then do what you like with them.

I've always liked TAFA. For facial animation it's great. Could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease get it in LW 2019.1.2 or in LW 2020.

http://ta-animation.com/FA/
    Actually the Feedback Agent let's you submit both bugs and feature requests.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-01-23_13-16-21.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	143929
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Thanks NT, Thanks LightWave and Thanks LightWavers.

I very much appreciate the FBX and the " play well with others software" mentality. Lightwave is the first package I've learned and for some reason I keep coming back to it. I like the Lightwave - Houdini combo. Because both packages are each other opposites. Lightwave is very fast in doing 80-90 procent of the job and for the specialized 10- 20 procent you can still use Houdini. That's why I appreciate the "play well with other" mentality. I also like the bug fixing and the fact that Newtek is committed to the software. For small teams or individual artists it's still the best package around. I'm probably going to upgrade. Thanks for this upgrade. Thumbs up.

Any news about nonfunctional trial keys ?
    System info: CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X RAM: 32GB DDR4/3200MHz MB: Asus Prime X570-P GFX: Asus GTX 750 Ti / 2GB OS: Win10, LW2019x64

You knew my weakness for animated sculpting didn't you NT =P. . .damn it.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 01-23-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

For the renderer itself the concentration was on stability.
    While the render speed itself might have not improved, using the NVidia OptiX GPU denoiser and Despike makes a big difference in my first tests - noise and firefly free renders in shorter time compared to 2018.

Awaiting my discount code. Fantastic feature list.
    I saw the videos hitting Youtube but figured I'd check it out today. Pleasant surprise.

and thank you for the bug fixes, band glue is back to its good old speed (appears to be the old implementation as it no longer selects edges after running, but only takes a second to run instead of mins or hours!)
    De noise can be a massive speed up depending on scene! just tested a render that had to run for around 2 hrs as it was interior mostly made of conductors, cut it to less than half an hr!
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by wyattharris View Post
    Awaiting my discount code. Fantastic feature list.
    I saw the videos hitting Youtube but figured I'd check it out today. Pleasant surprise.
    check in your ticket submissions in your account, I didn't get email but the link was already in there
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast