Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3D 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited for CG Channel to share the news.
    Well for all it is worth, it has been posted in CgTalk.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    there is? is there a demand for it then?
    It would seem so, and I am quite keen for NT to stamp this out with an iron fist, not least that I don't want it impact our own licensing model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Ebay.PNG 
Views:	228 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	143980

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    aware and fixing or just aware?
    Unknown I would assume the latter, but it may be one of those things where "In order to save the software, we had to destroy it."

I've got one open bug (involving morphs driven by nodes not updating in real time; you had to scrub the timeline back -n- forth) that I should probably set something up and test, to see if it got fixed. I was told they had to trash the motion system to fix it...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    It would seem so, and I am quite keen for NT to stamp this out with an iron fist, not least that I don't want it impact our own licensing model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Ebay.PNG 
Views:	228 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	143980
    yeah, see what you mean. I wonder if its easy to do via ebay? take down that is.

Yesterday on the Twitch live broadcast I believe a LW dev said there was a new license server introduced for US and Canada multi-licenses with minimum of five licenses (eg educational etc). Now normally this would just go in one ear and out the other, yet why do I feel strangely uneasy ? With what has happened to Allegorithmic, speculation on what is about to happen to Cinema 4D, and the plethora of LW piracy on Ebay in the last few months, is there anything coming which LW users should be aware of (license wise) ? Could anyone reassure please.
    I see nothing here to speculate on other than it is just NT trying to satisfy the needs of larger studios/corporations in managing their licenses. Seems like a smart and professional move.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Yesterday on the Twitch live broadcast I believe a LW dev said there was a new license server introduced for US and Canada multi-licenses with minimum of five licenses (eg educational etc). Now normally this would just go in one ear and out the other, yet why do I feel strangely uneasy ? With what has happened to Allegorithmic, speculation on what is about to happen to Cinema 4D, and the plethora of LW piracy on Ebay in the last few months, is there anything coming which LW users should be aware of (license wise) ? Could anyone reassure please.
    We simply added a new licensing option that will work better for some multi-seat users. This also has to be purchased by special arrangement by such facilities.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Thank you Chuck.

Chuck thanks for your ongoing , and calming presence on these parts.
    I sent you an new idea on a PM, tell me if can gain traction.

I am looking forward to playing with this new release.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post
    Well for all it is worth, it has been posted in CgTalk.
    It was on CGChannel to, last time I checked.

The extended undo alone did it for me. Upgraded.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Upgraded today. Thanks for the release.
    Last edited by thomascheng; 01-29-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Are there are posts or tutorials on the new UV tools in modeler? I'd love to learn more.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

What do you need to know?

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    Are there are posts or tutorials on the new UV tools in modeler? I'd love to learn more.
    We have a video in planning; will be sure to post when that is ready.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Registered owners of any previous version of LightWave 3D can upgrade to LightWave 2019 for US$395, through March 31, 2019.
    Just curious...

Was it also the policy last year to allow upgrades at the special price from any previous version? Will the ability to upgrade from any previous version w/o penalty be the official stance moving forward or will it, of course, be subject to change?

I plan to upgrade to 2019 but I likely would have skipped 2018 given the leap to nodes and a new renderer had this been the case (to my knowledge) last year.

Thanks.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast