Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3D 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

Congrats LW Team! 2019 is a wonderful upgrade! Glad to be apart of it! Thanks for all the hard work! The Unreal Bridge is so freaking cool! Finally smoothing groups! WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post
    Attention LW3DG Marketing: I found out about LW2019 on blenderartists.org an hour ago. Nothing today on Octane LW Forums, CGChannel.com, CGPRess.org, creativebloq.com... Didn't get an email from you...
    Same here, but I found out through their Facebook page and NT forums first. I would have also liked an e-mail because I'd rely on that more for updates than going to my account page. But it's good they announced it on their own sites prior to industry news sites.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Playing around with 2019 is great. I do have one question: What is the secret to the new IKIF+ Rig? In modeler, I set it up just like other Genoma rigs, and put skelegons on 1st layer and save model. In Layout, load model, make sure I'm on first layer w/ skelegons, hit Create Rig, all goes through good. However, mesh is not deformed when moving controllers. I check and Enable Deform is on, Enable MC, etc. I can even select root and move and rotate model and mesh transforms. But, nothing moves w/ arms, legs, waist, etc. Is there something else to enable? Looks like a great rig otherwise. Thanks in advance.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx

Hehe, it was my request for VDB's own tools in LW - give me a discount for this! ))

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reports.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	143926

Question on denoiser - how can i choose which GPU and how many of them will work in denoiser?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Only checked the vdb tools presentation from oliver, great stuff in there, and a lot of what I have asked for.
    Finally we now have a way to turn any mesh shape in to volumetrics, and also nice to see the advection node to distort the volume fully, scattering of particles on this also reminds me of secondary scattering shapes in houdini Cloudfx.

And the gas solver...what? a way of simulating fluid like stuff natively..though different technique and not a true fluid solution that reacts to obstacles, but interesting.

Native sky environment, Great...asked for that for some time.

Nodes..fixed AA, Finally the connections looks smoother and professional.

Have no time to try the new 2019 out for weeks though, the new tools (may) open up for much more designed clouds from my perspective.
    Thanks to oliver for presenting it so well.
    I haven't tried OpenVDB yet. But is this a better method for effects focused on having solid objects moving through particles or volumetric effects? For example if I wanted moving fog to disperse around a moving character, is this better?
    Last edited by Bernie2Strokes; 01-22-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

yes, NT should send info to those (just sent the info to CGChannel.com)
    I wouldn't get too excited for CG Channel to share the news.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

It's kind of weird, I saw the other closed topic and thought "wait really?" I think this was the first time we didn't have a thread on this forum months in advanced of the impeding release where everyone was guessing "I bet it's coming out next week."

Congrats to the NT team on the release and releasing it before the guess the 2019 release date thread started.

Wow! This is a big step for game production in LW. Basically the key features that were missing for game asset prep: better UV tools, smoothing groups, and what appears to be a, ready for prime-time, bridge to Unreal, not to mention the other new features. If this stuff works as advertised, a lot of Max and Maya renters may be able to become owners. These were "the" hangups that kept LW from being able to drop in to a lot of pipelines. All the new features look great. Some cool stuff I was not expecting. Looking forward to trying it out ASAP. Cheers LW3DG! Keep up the good work.

No unity material?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    We are committed to LightWave for the long haul, so we are thinking and working toward developing and moving to a sustainable business model.

This is the most important thing to me and I'm very glad to know this. With LightWave approaching its 30th birthday next year, and so many great people involved in not only using the program but teaching it, it would be criminal to have it fade into obsolescence.

pressed the request upgrade yesterday, STILL WAITING for email! TAKE MY MONEY many things apply to my current projects!
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Congrats on this nice release !
    Well done team !

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    For whatever reason, the trial key generated by Newtek isn't being accepted by my install of LW2019 here. I've confirmed the license key value is in the LICENSE.LWK file in the proper location for LW2019.0.0 (~/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LightWave/2019.0/Licenses/LICENSE.LWK), and that it matches the downloaded LICENSE.LWK's license key value, but regardless of what I do, launching Layout just puts up the following dialog (and stays in Discovery Mode afterwards):

Attachment 143925

This is on platform per sig (running OSX 10.13.6), and no, I don't have my old LW dongle currently attached.

Any ideas?
    I have the same problem on win7 here.
    System info: CPU: Xeon X5680 RAM: 12GB DDR3/1333MHz MB: Asus P6T WS Pro GFX: Asus GTX 750 Ti / 2GB OS: Win7, LW2018.0.7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    Wow! This is a big step for game production in LW. Basically the key features that were missing for game asset prep: better UV tools, smoothing groups, and what appears to be a, ready for prime-time, bridge to Unreal, not to mention the other new features. If this stuff works as advertised, a lot of Max and Maya renters may be able to become owners. These were "the" hangups that kept LW from being able to drop in to a lot of pipelines. All the new features look great. Some cool stuff I was not expecting. Looking forward to trying it out ASAP. Cheers LW3DG! Keep up the good work.
    Best of all, and I believe unique to LightWave(?), is the fact that multiple LightWave seats can connect to the same Unreal scene so more than one person can be adding LightWave content to Unreal

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by Nomen140 View Post
    No unity material?
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if that came in the next major update. Maybe they had to focus their energy on getting the Unreal bridge stuff done first and making sure it was rock solid before trying to do the same with Unity. All speculation on my part.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast