Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 387

Thread: LightWave 3D® 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

  1. #31
    Dude! Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    514
    This update is AMAZING!!! Looked at most of the videos, and documentation regarding the upgrade - only have the trial so I can't fully test at the moment.

    Couple questions: Can objects that are animated with the newmetamesh brush tool be converted to VDB? Bones applied? Morph targets applied? Will VDB in LW work with VDB in Unreal bridge? Volumetrics?

    The Unreal Bridge is mind blowing!!
    Video and Animation Auteur

  2. #32
    Oh yeah! Thanks NT!

  3. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Metamorphic in LightWave 2019 is a significantly advanced version, with both enhancements and integration into Layout. And the 2019 upgrade is loaded with a range of other new features many of which would make an incredible value for the price on their own, so we feel the pricing is appropriate.
    Thanks for your answers Chuck.

    Great to see LW getting more frequent updates. I also appreciate that most development efforts went into Layout instead of Modeler.

    The new OpenVDB / Volumetric features and Nodal Editor enhancements are very nice and open many new possibilities.

    UPGRADED to LW2019 and ODTools 2019!

    Attachment 143922

  4. #34
    Dreamer Ztreem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,131
    Is this the shortest dev cycle ever for Lightwave?
    Nice! Looks like one of the best updates in years for Lw. I’m glad to finally see some UI & workflow enhancement being done. The future of LW just got a little brighter...

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    121
    I'm really impressed at some of the improvements. I'm looking forward to trying out the new edge shading features. Although I'm curious about the use of NVIDIA GPU for denoising. Does this mean there's a limited use of GPU for rendering scenes or it's fully integrated?
    System:

    i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

  6. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    93
    It all clears up and becomes clearer now

    Very nice to all improvements, I look forward to test all these features soon.

    Thank you LW Team and NT for your great work !

  7. #37
    Almost newbie Cageman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Malmö, SWEDEN
    Posts
    7,644
    The OVDB stuff.... what the ****? Where did that come from? I am speechless. WOW.

    Great job, LW3DG... I just wonder how many LW-users added Houdini to their workflow to do... well... what LW2019 apparently can do now?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

  8. #38
    NewTek Social Media Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by js33 View Post
    Sorry Chuck, I hope I didn't spoil the surprise yesterday. I was just excited to see new videos on your Youtube channel. Now I can go watch them.
    Congratulations on the release of LW 2019.
    Not a problem, our bad, we had a new guy loading up the videos, wasn't familiar with the public/private toggle. A little advance buzz is probably a good thing! Thanks for your patience!
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2Strokes View Post
    I'm really impressed at some of the improvements. I'm looking forward to trying out the new edge shading features. Although I'm curious about the use of NVIDIA GPU for denoising. Does this mean there's a limited use of GPU for rendering scenes or it's fully integrated?
    Don't mixup GPU rendering with Denoiser, Denoiser is only for denosing AFTER renderer is done. Rendering process itself is still CPU. It's very good and very fast but for denoising only not rendering. Still Lw has CPU denoiser also (released in 2018 AFAIR) so for those who don't have Nvida GPUs (MAC people ?)) they still can use native denoiser if needed.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

  10. #40

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    In other news, PMERIFE is the name of my new band...
    LoL, Thanks, today's first laugh!  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  11. #41
    NewTek Social Media Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    Is this the shortest dev cycle ever for Lightwave?
    Nice! Looks like one of the best updates in years for Lw. I’m glad to finally see some UI & workflow enhancement being done. The future of LW just got a little brighter...
    Glad you like what you are seeing in this new upgrade!

    This is the closest together we've ever released ordinal upgrades. In terms of the time, it's pretty much what we've allowed to go from a final point-release in one ordinal series to a new ordinal series first release. I'm sure most folks have understood that even in the markets years ago, doing such extensive feature-laden point releases as we were doing was not a sustainable business model. So the experiment this past year was a reasonable group of maintenance-only releases, and the new ordinal for early in the new year. We are committed to LightWave for the long haul, so we are thinking and working toward developing and moving to a sustainable business model.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Not a problem, our bad, we had a new guy loading up the videos, wasn't familiar with the public/private toggle. A little advance buzz is probably a good thing! Thanks for your patience!
    I have been in the Houdini and Blender worlds for awhile but I feel LW calling me home again.

  13. #43
    Electron wrangler jwiede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,486
    For whatever reason, the trial key generated by Newtek isn't being accepted by my install of LW2019 here. I've confirmed the license key value is in the LICENSE.LWK file in the proper location for LW2019.0.0 (~/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LightWave/2019.0/Licenses/LICENSE.LWK), and that it matches the downloaded LICENSE.LWK's license key value, but regardless of what I do, launching Layout just puts up the following dialog (and stays in Discovery Mode afterwards):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW2019_trialkey_broken.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	143925

    This is on platform per sig (running OSX 10.13.6), and no, I don't have my old LW dongle currently attached.

    Any ideas?
    Last edited by jwiede; 01-22-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

  14. #44
    areté adk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Glad you like what you are seeing in this new upgrade!

    This is the closest together we've ever released ordinal upgrades. In terms of the time, it's pretty much what we've allowed to go from a final point-release in one ordinal series to a new ordinal series first release. I'm sure most folks have understood that even in the markets years ago, doing such extensive feature-laden point releases as we were doing was not a sustainable business model. So the experiment this past year was a reasonable group of maintenance-only releases, and the new ordinal for early in the new year. We are committed to LightWave for the long haul, so we are thinking and working toward developing and moving to a sustainable business model.
    From my pov it's a good model Chuck.
    I'd much rather yearly (or there abouts) ordinal updates and a sustainable future for LW rather than the previous approach.
    Don't get me wrong, the pletohora of point updates and easter eggs along the way were definitely most welcome, but if that's at the expense of LW's long term future then it's something we should just leave in the nostalgia trash bin.

    Fabulous update DEV team - just finishing the smoothing groups vid - that will keep Lewis placated for a few weeks at least
    VDB stuff is a great addition and that's coming from some heavy houdini / 3D printing usage over the past few months.

  15. #45
    NewTek Social Media Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    For whatever reason, the trial key generated by Newtek isn't being accepted by my install of LW2019 here. I've confirmed the license key value is in the LICENSE.LWK file in the proper location for LW2019.0.0 (~/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LightWave/2019.0/Licenses/LICENSE.LWK), and that it matches the downloaded LICENSE.LWK's license key value, but regardless of what I do, launching Layout just puts up the following dialog (and stays in Discovery Mode afterwards):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW2019_trialkey_broken.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	143925

    This is on platform per sig (running OSX 10.13.6), and no, I don't have my old LW dongle currently attached.

    Any ideas?
    You need to enter a support case and work directly with the support - they will not be able to break away to respond here.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •