Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3D 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

Hallo. Can you tell me if is there a way to make LW2019 interface fonts biggerr?
    I have problem to read them. In LW2018 there is a different view resolution.
    ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	LW2018.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	143938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW2019.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	143939

Sorry. Solved modifying DPI compatibility on program launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomen140 View Post
    same here as well!
    same.

Quite happy here about the new version... but what happened to the beloved point updates? No 2018.1?
    If a yearly full grade update becomes the new rule, then it will be quite expensive for hobbyists. I'm not sure if my wife allows me to spend 395.- $ each year for LightWave....

Don't get me wrong, the new features seem to be worth a version update, but on the other hand there were no updates for years, and now we get new features every year for full price... so I guess I have to wait for 2020 to buy a new version, hoping that it will then still be allowed to upgrade from any older version, not only the most recent one.
    Greetings, Shloime
    ----------------------------
    Win10 64, Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 980 ti, 32 GB, LW 2018

whats with the non-text based UI ?

What is going on with the UI/UX nowadays?

This stuff is really hard to read and "Undo" / " Redo" worked really well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tooHardToRead.PNG 
Views:	517 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	143940  

Quote Originally Posted by Shloime View Post
    Quite happy here about the new version... but what happened to the beloved point updates? No 2018.1?
    If a yearly full grade update becomes the new rule, then it will be quite expensive for hobbyists. I'm not sure if my wife allows me to spend 395.- $ each year for LightWave....

Don't get me wrong, the new features seem to be worth a version update, but on the other hand there were no updates for years, and now we get new features every year for full price... so I guess I have to wait for 2020 to buy a new version, hoping that it will then still be allowed to upgrade from any older version, not only the most recent one.
    It is like this with every spend which do not bring income later. It is just a cost. But look from full time artist point of view... 395$ it is several hours or days costs of work. And rest days in year is earning. BTW. if I would tell my woman do not spend money on eyelashes, eyebrow, manicure, haircut, next purse or shoes I would be deeeaaad
    (With respect for money, every $, EUR etc. or PLN in my example count)
    Last edited by MarcusM; 01-24-2019 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    whats with the non-text based UI ?

What is going on with the UI/UX nowadays?

This stuff is really hard to read and "Undo" / " Redo" worked really well.
    I agree
    System info: CPU: Xeon X5680 RAM: 12GB DDR3/1333MHz MB: Asus P6T WS Pro GFX: Asus GTX 750 Ti / 2GB OS: Win7, LW2018.0.7 x64

I feel part of the upgrade is bug fixes. I really would have liked to see some of the UI fixed up for this release.
    Denoiser and spike remover are cool, GPU slows the computer down for me something terrible when activated at first. Not sure if its due to other apps using GPU too? I don't want to come across as cynical as its nice to see an update but I fell that the denoiser and spike removal are also almost bug fixes for the renderer in terms of speed/usability and artefacts.
    Actually downgraded to 2015 from 2018 this week and man its so much better in terms of render speed for look dev and the surf ed UI is better for workflow. I also much prefer lwo loading in 3rd party apps. Was hoping this version would fix things like that up a bit.

Its still a nice to see; good job. don't wanna be disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    I also appreciate that most development efforts went into Layout instead of Modeler.
    That's what they always do, with the exception of 11.5. I'd appreciate it if some more went into Modeler.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by speismonqui View Post
    Oh I mixed up the names, I was thinking of CG Society.
    ~~Phil Nolan

I think the same thing. After all, apart from LW, each of us has annual payments for various other programs that are necessary in our work. In sum a rather impressive figure is typed.
    I really hope that if the company decided to switch to the annual release system for new versions, the cost of the update will be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    I think the same thing. After all, apart from LW, each of us has annual payments for various other programs that are necessary in our work. In sum a rather impressive figure is typed.
    I really hope that if the company decided to switch to the annual release system for new versions, the cost of the update will be reduced.
    or increased and more features added. Id be happy with that if the pace of dev was x3

Jubell!! Thanks NewTek!

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    check in your ticket submissions in your account, I didn't get email but the link was already in there
    Yeah I had that same issue. No email came and I was starting to wonder about it until I decided to double check and found it on the site.
    ~~Phil Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    That's what they always do, with the exception of 11.5. I'd appreciate it if some more went into Modeler.
    Yes I understand this from a LW-only user point of view.

I have purchased most available Modeler plugins including LWCAD and 3rd Powers Tools, but that was before I understood how outdated and inefficient Modeler it is. I found my ideal 3d application and workflow and can not imagine Modeler ever reaching that level. The 'new' modeling tools in LW2018 are proof enough to me.

For Layout I see great potential in some areas (for example special effects or rendering), specially after the 2019 release.

Undo, improved navigation in lists and nodal VDB creation was reason enough for me to upgrade on release day.

I look at LightWave / Layout as a tool like Clarisse.

In my opinion NewTek should concentrate on implementing basic modeling in Layout instead (primitives, translate, bevel).

Also, further improving its render engine could be a great opportunity since more and more render engines are going rental-only.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast