Thread: Vegas Pro and .mov files

Vegas Pro and .mov files

I have been using Vegas Pro for many years. I have had issues with .mov files in the past but the last 4 or more years it has worked very well. This week I can no longer use any .mov files that come from the TriCaster. I can't even use ones that I have already used that worked before. Anyone else had this experience? Thanks.

I had to reinstall Quicktime 7 back onto the system to get it to work. Make sure you also reinstall the codec tool from NewTek.

I reinstalled Quicktime but that did not work, so I reinstalled the codec from NewTek and that took care of it. I wonder what happened to cause it to stop working.

Just a wild guess. Is this Windows 10 and if so, did you install iTunes from the Window Store on the system?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Windows 10. iTunes not from the Store.
    Let me set this straight. I still need Quicktime. I tried uninstalling to see what it would do. It wouldn't even recognize my audio. When I reinstalled QT it now recognized my audio but not my video. Not until I did an install of the NewTek codec did it start working properly again.

I only asked because when I installed the Windows 10 store iTunes version the QuickTime that installed with it messed up the standard QuickTime installer on my system for Avid Media Composer.

If Vegas is using the Apple QuickTime libraries then you would need it and the NewTek codecs to read TriCaster MOV files.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks. It was real weird. It has been working for years. Then the other day it just stopped working and would not work with any .mov files.