Thread: The truth about Kinect 2?

The truth about Kinect 2?

Hello guys
    I've been told that It is possible to get Kinekt v2 to work with nevron motion...
    Tried what was advised (including downloading and installing the sdk 1.8 from microsoft). The Kinect 2 is installed correctly, shown as working properly in the windows (10) device manager but Nevron can't use It.

Is It impossible to get the v2 working with Neveron or am I missong something?

Thank you

No, you should definitely be able to use K2 with the SDK installed and latest Nevron Motion as well.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

I posted this a while ago:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...inect+2+nevron

If you missed it in a search, that's understandable. The title of the thread is Setting up Kinect One for NevronMotion in LightWave 2015, but bear in mind that Kinect One and Kinect 2.0 are the same device. (Just as Kinect for XBox and Kinect 1.0 are the same device...but Kinect One and Kinect 1.0 are completely different devices. Probably one of the dumbest and most confusing naming schemes I've seen from MS.)

I hope this helps. I don't use Kinect 2 with Nevronmotion but I know they do work together.

Thank you Greenlaw... no I didn't miss It. I went through the post but I don't think It mentionned how to get Kinect 2 working with Nevron?

Quote Originally Posted by marchermitte View Post
    Thank you Greenlaw... no I didn't miss It. I went through the post but I don't think It mentionned how to get Kinect 2 working with Nevron?
    Kinect One == "Kinect 2". The first few posts of Greenlaw's cited thread (titled "Setting up Kinect One for NevronMotion in LightWave 2015") cover the exact process you're asking someone to explain. Pay particular attention to posts #2-5 in that thread.
    Last edited by jwiede; 01-19-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Jweide is correct, the first several posts in the thread are about how to use Kinect 2 with Nevronmotion. Let me know at which stage the instructions are not working for you.

I just re-read your initial post and I think you're using wrong drivers for Kinect 2. Kinect SDK 1.8 is for the original Kinect 1.0 (aka, Kinect for XBox, or Kinect for Windows,) and NOT for Kinect 2.0 (aka Kinect One).

See post #2 in the thread for info about downloading and installing the correct drivers for Kinect 2.

Thank you Greenlaw... no I didn't miss It. I went through the post but I don't think It mentionned how to get Kinect 2 working with Nevron? Nevertheless, It does work, with a dedicated USB / converter cable from X-box ro PC usb.
    Took a while but thanks your explanations and trial and error, It got solved eventualy.