Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave Suggestions and Speculations

It clear that whether LW sells or not isn't of concern to NT.

a LightWave "Full" release always takes approximately 3 years.

so people better buckle up for 2 more years.

2004 june - LightWave 8
    2006 july - LightWave 9
    2011 jan - LightWave 10
    2012 mar - LightWave 11
    2014 dec - LightWave 2015
    2018 jan - LightWave 2018

~thereabout
    It's clear that whether LW sells or not isn't of concern to NT.
    NewTek was never good at marketing/sales, one shouldn't expect those things to change.
    take it as a bonus if it does happen, but try not to take it as a disappointment if it doesn't.
    ...we would have been disappointed for 15 years now.

Let it go... Let it go... *
    Last edited by erikals; 01-11-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    ...NewTek was never good at marketing...
    That's debatable but it is undeniable they were better at marketing. The wealth of old videos on their YouTube and Vimeo accounts are evidence. Thankfully there are clever folk like yourself helping out. Congratulations on breaking 1 million views.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Congratulations on breaking 1 million views.
    Hey, Thanks!  

yes, NewTek certainly could get better at the marketing part, at least the William Vaughan series kicked.
    and even though they still do, hopefully they will hire someone to do the very same thing over again.
    breath some fresh air into the cycles.

Has anybody heard anything about a Lightwave 2019 so far? And no I am not doing this to start fights. I am planning the companies budgets for this year and want to know if there will be a 2019 or if we should invest in another software. Please don't start a fight with this. Sincerely want to know if there will be another Lightwave coming out this year. Thanks

Also to side note I did read the forum but I don't know what is speculation and what is not. If nobody has heard anything that is fine.

as far as i know there is a "LightWave 2019" project name, that might change down the line to LightWave 2020 or even 2021.

do note, LightWave 2018 had the project name "LightWave 2016"

Well, at least the official word is *soon*. Speculate all you want, but work with what tools are available today rather than tomorrow is a good mindset to have. Next release comes when it comes

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Has anybody heard anything about a Lightwave 2019 so far? And no I am not doing this to start fights. I am planning the companies budgets for this year and want to know if there will be a 2019 or if we should invest in another software. Please don't start a fight with this. Sincerely want to know if there will be another Lightwave coming out this year. Thanks
    Do what I did and put it in the budget anyway. If it happens you are good to go, if not - no loss.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

NewTek *soon* can take 1 month, or 1 year.

not complaining, but the greybeards among us know by now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhTFQtTBCXE

Do what I did and put it in the budget anyway.
    yep, or buy LWcad, always of good use.
    http://www.lwcad.com/html/main/new.php

i'll assume you own the Rebel Hill series
    http://www.rebelhill.net/index.html
    Last edited by erikals; 01-11-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Before this team put Lightwave every year as they promised which is nice, now i am worry it is not as same i think it will take more time of next ligthwave, i feel some bad because no word from them... More recent at Blender 2.8 is an era of change for "big stuff", it will take up to both Lightwave and Modo if they are not watch out and if they make at right degree level of bright feature and modern. Lightwave team need seriously to change all cause workflow is very outdated but again to use and for how much of time yet? Lightwave 2018 was a beginning to change some stuff but not at all... Hope they have a great luck to do it that and a big fight is needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Nilsson View Post
    Well, at least the official word is *soon*. Speculate all you want, but work with what tools are available today rather than tomorrow is a good mindset to have. Next release comes when it comes
    Have you a link of this word ?
    Last edited by 3dslider; 01-11-2019 at 06:36 PM.

I am interested where you heard that as well.

I want to plan it in the budget but I also want to keep moving forward with what makes sense. I have loved Lightwave because it has helped me learn 3d animation where the other programs I struggled with. I am just making decisions as to what might be best according to what knowledge I have.

Another thing to note is a lot of the freelancers I have used in the past now have moved on to blender or other software. I had a lot of go to people that now all use different software. That is not a problem as I still like my Lightwave but makes it harder to find people who work with Lightwave and have time to work.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

i'll assume you own the Rebel Hill series
    http://www.rebelhill.net/index.html
    I did buy his tutorials and have enjoyed them. I just got the last ones a few weeks ago and they are Amazing! I really like how he explains things, I do not have an animation background before I started so it is super helpful.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 01-11-2019 at 05:24 PM.

the next LightWave will include Metamorphic from what i recall.

their aim, based on notes from the programmer, and recent user research, is also to upgrade Modeler. (yes)
    however, seeing that a Modeler part rewrite will take longer than what the Layout upgrade did (according to the programmer) it might be unlikely to see this Modeler upgrade any time soon.
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...=1#post1460368

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast