Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I revert back to a previous install.

I figured out for the intel but updating both sets of drivers did not do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    How do I update the intel graphics driver again? I have done it but have forgotten. I'm going to go try now and see if I remember. Thanks.
    Been quite a while since I did it myself, but just did a web search for "intel driver tool" and Intel Driver and Support Assistant came up, I believe that's the one

EDIT: It's called Intel DSA

Thanks

Jeff
    Last edited by JPulera; 01-15-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Yeah, thanks. I found that too but like I said, it didn't change anything.

Is there a way to upload audio to this site so you can hear what I'm talking about?

Okay, support wants me to do a restore to see what the problems could be. I want to do a backup first but it won't let me. I go through the steps and get to where it restarts but then it goes to a black page that says GRUB in the upper left hand corner and just sits there and won't do anything.
    What is this GRUB?

Curious why you need to do a backup? Please note that a RESTORE does NOT affect the D: drive at all, so any Sessions or Media are safe and will be ready to use again right after the Restore is complete. As Restore does "wipe" the C: drive, there are some things one would lose during a Restore and you do want backups of those things -

Custom Macros
    Custom Wipes
    Custom Virtual Sets
    Custom AnimBuffer content

If one creates/modifies a set with VSE, I recommend to simply create the stand-alone installer .exe file and save on D: or other drive, ready for quick re-install any time that is needed. Same for custom transitions. Quick reload at any time. And of course any macros you make, Export those right away to a safe place to import later if needed.

Lastly, if your system is having problems in the current configuration, I wouldn't want a User Backup of it as that will have the problems saved right along with it. As a rule of thumb, never save anything to the C: drive as that will be gone with a Restore, make a habit of saving stuff to D: or other drive (internal or external).

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

Yeah, I have a VSE that is saved. I have never saved it to another drive. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Okay, i'm pretty sure that is saved on D. I still can't do a restore. It just goes to GRUB in the upper left hand corner when I go through the steps.

GRUB is a boot loader. Assuming you are following the standard steps to perform a TriCaster Restore operation and haven't messed around with your drive configuration, I'm not sure what the problem is. I think you'll need to talk to Support about this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Steve, I think he is seeing the GRUB thing when attempting a USER BACKUP, not RESTORE.

ingeborgdot, if you open the custom virtual set project in VSE, you can then choose CREATE INSTALLER to save a stand-alone version for reinstall later (not on C: of course!). For the USER BACKUP, you must have an empty external drive attached to back up to, which must be at least as large as the system drive in TriCaster. If you have a Mini, that will be 750GB.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

I haven't messed with anything on the on the configuration.
    I was talking about backup at first but now when I go to restore, it is doing the same thing. It won't bring me to the screen that gives me the options to choose. It just says GRUB in the upper left of the screen and I can't go any farther.

I was talking about backup at first but now when I go to restore, it is doing the same thing.
    Yes, I understood that this is what you were saying.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

So what is support going to be able to do? I don't know of anything on my end for sure. The problem I have is that it takes support so long to get back to me and I need to use the TriCaster soon.

So what is support going to be able to do? I don't know of anything on my end for sure. The problem I have is that it takes support so long to get back to me and I need to use the TriCaster soon.
    Support has a lot more experience with oddball issues than anyone here, but I can't say whether they'll have any idea on this or not. The best way to contact them seems to be via their Chat.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12