Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: News about news in upcoming Lightwave updates or versions?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Yes...I already answered Rayek on that, I was just guessing, not knowing....wearing a shame hat right now
    I posted that more for the benefit of any NT employee reading this thread. It hurts my tiny brain to wonder why NT does not similarly cultivate an audience for its product. I would love to spend an hour just having an open conversation with the NT marketing manager to discuss fundamental concepts in marketing. I admire how long the Lightwave program has survived without marketing. It is an industry miracle.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    (PS On a totally unrelated side note, of all 3d software I feel that "Lightwave" is by far the most attractive of names in all of 3d software history, and "Blender" and "Modo" the least attractive ones. "Maya" has a nice ring to it too. I mention this because just for the name alone Lightwave ought to be successful )
    I've been thinking the same for quite some time

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    I posted that more for the benefit of any NT employee reading this thread. It hurts my tiny brain to wonder why NT does not similarly cultivate an audience for its product. I would love to spend an hour just having an open conversation with the NT marketing manager to discuss fundamental concepts in marketing. I admire how long the Lightwave program has survived without marketing. It is an industry miracle.
    it is quite amazing at the resilience over the years with that and slow development, lack of industry standards, feature requests etc. its a good program and ui, up to 2015.

I'd love to hear from Newtek management what their "top 5" problems are with Lightwave, and what directions/efforts they're taking to address them.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

I would love to hear from Newtek too for his words the upcoming LW 2019 in Blog or Roadmap what they have achieved now... It is time to change in 2019 and don't make the same error in the past cause there are a lot users who love Lightwave still and ready to invest more with Newtek. All need are two world to make as reconciliation : Artists and Developers team ! We need to move instead of staying in one's own corner, is it not better than this ?

I will like to say as jwiede : what are their "Top 5" features in the upcoming with Lightwave 2019 ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3dslider View Post
    I would love to hear from Newtek too for his words the upcoming LW 2019 in Blog or Roadmap what they have achieved now... It is time to change in 2019 and don't make the same error in the past cause there are a lot users who love Lightwave still and ready to invest more with Newtek. All need are two world to make as reconciliation : Artists and Developers team ! We need to move instead of staying in one's own corner, is it not better than this ?

I will like to say as jwiede : what are their "Top 5" features in the upcoming with Lightwave 2019 ?
    It won't happen!

...All need are two world to make as reconciliation : Artists and Developers team !...
    There is no difference between artists and developers. They both go through the same processes to create a product. Many artists cannot reveal their work or clients here because of NDAs. We don't find out about their artistic efforts until the final product is released.

You can be assured that there is a LW2019 in development, just as there was a LW2016 in development.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    It won't happen!
    Why ?

There is no difference between artists and developers. They both go through the same processes to create a product. Many artists cannot reveal their work or clients here because of NDAs. We don't find out about their artistic efforts until the final product is released.

You can be assured that there is a LW2019 in development, just as there was a LW2016 in development.
    I mean if developers listen to artists on what they need to create better in term of tools, so it is win-win for both and they grow up in every year this exchange, right ?
    If LW 2019 was as LW2016, it will take very long time to finish :/

If LW 2019 was as LW2016, it will take very long time to finish :/
    as a NewTek programmer said,

the Mesh Engine of Modeler is more tricky to get right compared to the Layout Mesh Engine.
    so, quite some time >if< they are working on Modeler that is.

nothing else to do but wait.

meanwhile, add some new plugins >
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...95DCA5001810EB

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

...I mean if developers listen to artists on what they need to create better in term of tools, so it is win-win for both and they grow up in every year this exchange, right ?
    There has never been any obstacle in offering the artist's perspective to the developers. There is a function in the program and on lightwave3d.com to submit bug reports and feature requests. In exchange, you wait to see what is offered in a patch or full release.

Expecting any other exchange from developers (or artists) is extraordinary in every creative endeavor. Surely you would not break into a recording studio to coach Beyonce on how she should perform and then expect her to give you status updates on each recording take. Nor would you require her to report on which tracks will appear on her next album.

Why ?
    Because NT has said that they will not talk about future updates or development with anyone. So sit and wait and hope they have fixed the issues you have with LW.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

as a NewTek programmer said,

the Mesh Engine of Modeler is more tricky to get right compared to the Layout Mesh Engine.
    so, quite some time >if< they are working on Modeler that is.

nothing else to do but wait.
    I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Awesome ! Damn i am still working on my plugin for 3D rendering hope in early 2019 if it goes well Great for inspiration

There has never been any obstacle in offering the artist's perspective to the developers. There is a function in the program and on lightwave3d.com to submit bug reports and feature requests. In exchange, you wait to see what is offered in a patch or full release.

Expecting any other exchange from developers (or artists) is extraordinary in every creative endeavor. Surely you would not break into a recording studio to coach Beyonce on how she should perform and then expect her to give you status updates on each recording take. Nor would you require her to report on which tracks will appear on her next album.
    Pity ! How developers can make some tools without listen to artists, i mean they are artists or what ? As examples, i hear in Disney, inside the developer always listen to artists to make better tool that is a lot of success for 2D or 3D animation... Why not for Newtek ? It feels a little to much as monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    Because NT has said that they will not talk about future updates or development with anyone. So sit and wait and hope they have fixed the issues you have with LW.
    Oh well... that sound not good. I find it a little mute between users and developers. If in futur there will be a bridge between both that would be great !

...Pity ! How developers can make some tools without listen to artists, i mean they are artists or what ? As examples, i hear in Disney, inside the developer always listen to artists to make better tool that is a lot of success for 2D or 3D animation... Why not for Newtek ? It feels a little to much as monologue...
    I sense there is confusion based on language. The developers are listening to artists. Try my very rough translation below.

#####

Il n’ya jamais eu d’obstacle à offrir aux développeurs le point de vue de l’artiste. Il existe une fonction dans le programme et sur lightwave3d.com pour soumettre des rapports de bogues et des demandes de fonctionnalités. En échange, vous attendez de voir ce qui est proposé dans un patch ou une version complète.

S'attendre à tout autre échange de la part des développeurs (ou des artistes) ne se fait pas dans une entreprise créative. Vous ne diriez jamais à Beyonce quelles chansons elle devrait chanter. Vous n'auriez jamais besoin d'elle pour vous donner des mises à jour sur les chansons qu'elle pratique. Beyonce n'a pas besoin de vous dire quelles chansons apparaîtront sur son prochain album. Vous découvrirez les chansons qu'elle a créées lors de la sortie de l'album au public.

@raymondtrace : sorry i was reading quickly xD... yes you are right

Oui j'avais compris ton texte mais j'ai du lire en diagonal car j'avais pas le temps lol

english : Yes I understood your text but I had to read diagonally because I had no time lol

thank you your effort

@3dslider
    Bon courage cousins de la France!!!
    Ne laissez pas les oligarques détruire votre belle patrie...
    On pense beaucoups à vous ici au Québec!
    Je vous admire car vous êtes debout et solidaires!
    Vive la France!
    Dual Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHZ // 64 gig DDR 3 // 32 cores // Windows 10

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast