Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NDI 3.8 Tools

Aloha Folks, i was trying to download the latest NDI tools and it seems the links on the webpage are in a #tag loop.... anyone have a direct link that they can post please?

Thanks!

Doc
    Doc DeBolt

Digital Matters
    President/Chief Executive Pixel Pusher
    Des Moines, IA

digitalmatters.net

If you have pop-up or ad blockers, disable them as that might cause problems with getting to the link.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Minimum Intel processor microarchitecture

What is the minimum Intel processor microarchitecture for NDI Studio Monitor?

On one of our older laptops (running Windows 10), I have the older NDI Video Monitor installed and working but NDI Studio Monitor won't. I have not tried the very latest version from 3.8, but everything past the last version of NDI Video Monitor (renamed Studio Monitor) won't work.

That laptop has a Core i5-520M w/Havendale / Clarkdale - PM55, just want that laptop to be able to monitor NDI.

Last edited by RoboST; 03-02-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboST View Post
    What is the minimum Intel processor microarchitecture for NDI Studio Monitor?

On one of our older laptops (running Windows 10), I have the older NDI Video Monitor installed and working but NDI Studio Monitor won't. I have not tried the very latest version from 3.8, but everything past the last version of NDI Video Monitor (renamed Studio Monitor) won't work.

That laptop has a Core i5-520M w/Havendale / Clarkdale - PM55, just want that laptop to be able to monitor NDI.

It should really work on most modern CPUs. There is however a bug in the current shipping Intel drivers that cause (all!) OpenGL applications to fail. Studio Monitor uses OpenGL and so is impacted. I have notified Intel of this problem (sigh). If you send me your exact CPU model number I can change which drivers this issue started in and get you the driver model that will work until it is resolved in the latest versions.

Andrew

Email sent.

Just installed Studio Monitor (only) from NDI Tools v3.8 on that laptop. Studio Monitor will now run but the video is not performing like the NDI Video Monitor version and the audio is lower, I have to boost in in the app for some reason.

I like all the new features but I think I may just use the older versions on that laptop. I will pay with the current version for a day or so (including changing some video card settings) and then decide. I may have to just change a few settings.

EDIT: I just uninstalled the last Studio Monitor (from January 2018) version on another (newer) laptop, installed v3.8 and the audio on that one is also much lower, even from the previous Studio Monitor version. Of course set to +0dB under Settings | Audio. (I also check the live stream and the audio is normal.

Has something changed in audio handling w/Studio Monitor (3.8) which by default is lower?

Last edited by RoboST; 03-04-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Just installed Studio Monitor (only) from NDI Tools v3.8 on that laptop. Studio Monitor will now run but the video is not performing like the NDI Video Monitor version and the audio is lower, I have to boost in in the app for some reason.

I like all the new features but I think I may just use the older versions on that laptop. I will pay with the current version for a day or so (including changing some video card settings) and then decide. I may have to just change a few settings.

EDIT: I just uninstalled the last Studio Monitor (from January 2018) version on another (newer) laptop, installed v3.8 and the audio on that one is also much lower, even from the previous Studio Monitor version. Of course set to +0dB under Settings | Audio. (I also check the live stream and the audio is normal.

Has something changed in audio handling w/Studio Monitor (3.8) which by default is lower?

Hi RoboST

If you are struggling with hardware which doesnt meet the spec required for the new Studio Monitor you might consider installing Ubuntu Linux on that hardware and using the new Sienna Monitor which has just been released. It can use hardware acceleration where available (non specific) and also work with no hardware acceleration. It doesn't have all the fancy features of the NewTek Studio Monitor like overlays (and its not free) but it works really nicely as a straight full screen Monitor to HDMI on lower spec machines, which is what it was specifically designed for.

http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/ubuntumonitor.html

If comparing a Jan 2018 edition and a current one, then probably yes, the default audio handling has changed. Do you actually know what NDI audio level you're sending (in terms of NDI "notional dBu" levels)? The meters in the Studio monitor measure the equivalent of dBVU levels, where a SMPTE reference level of +4dBu = 0 VU = -20dBFS, so peak levels before clipping are at +20 on the Studio Monitor meters and now, by default, that is the level that will generate the maximum analogue level out of an audio device before clipping. If your NDI levels are below the SMPTE norms, then you can boost the output by using the +6, +10 or +20 options in the Settings > Audio menu.
    Martin Kay
    ZEN Computer Services - Salford, UK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12