Thread: New LWCad Tutorial

New LWCad Tutorial

Hey guys hope it's OK to share, I have a new tutorial up for sale on Liberty 3D. I'm showing how to build a house from scratch using LightWave 2018 and LWCad 5.2. It's an hour and a half long and shows how to build the whole house including the inner walls, stairs, doors and windows, a deck, railings (Fence tool), plus roof with shingles. There's even a discount code right now for 25% off (store wide) MEOWYCHRISTMAS2018.

https://www.liberty3d.com/2018/12/ho...ng-with-lwcad/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181217_050235.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	143642
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    dissertationwriter.org
    New LWCad Tutorial
    Hey guys hope it's OK to share, I have a new tutorial up for sale on Liberty 3D. I'm showing how to build a house from scratch using LightWave 2018 and LWCad 5.2. It's an hour and a half long and shows how to build the whole house including the inner walls, stairs, doors and windows, a deck, railings (Fence tool), plus roof with shingles. There's even a discount code right now for 25% off (store wide) MEOWYCHRISTMAS2018.

https://www.liberty3d.com/2018/12/ho...ng-with-lwcad/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181217_050235.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	143642
    Hello Phil,

Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I'm just learning the basics of the house modeling. And the building from scratch guide is exactly what I need now. I started watching videos on Youtube (LWCad 5.2 roofing tools), but the speaker's English is just driving me crazy.

Regards,
    Terry

That speaker is probably Viktor, the author of LWCad. Haha It is very hard to follow his videos.

If you've seen any of my other tutorials you can get an idea of how this one goes.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PhilNolan3DJ
    ~~Phil Nolan

Hi Phil, will your tutorial be relevant for LWCAD2018? I notice this is for version 5.2. Also do you take the viewer step by step in how to use the tools? I've just tried to follow the "Old House" tutorial and have had to give up as he doesn't explain how to use the tools properly and I'm completely lost and frustrated, exactly the reason I gave up on earlier versions I bought. This plugin looks so good yet there seems to be such a lack of high quality training for it.
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

For older LWCAD, this one for AisleFX may be of use, otherwise Adam Gibson has some titles. I haven't personally seen these, but would be tempted by AisleFX because I understand they were quality tuts back in the day.

I haven't installed 2018 yet but I don't think it has changed that much that would be a big deal. I've been told that people really like the amount of detail I go into with explanations. You can check out some of my YouTube tutorials for examples.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...L7ZwVQClU-qJUl
    ~~Phil Nolan

I bought this on Friday and have really enjoyed it thus far. I can finally say I now know how to use some of the tools in LWCAD properly! I'm currently up to video 4 and it's been very easy to follow and what I needed most - everything has been thoroughly explained. Good job and well worth the $55.

I noticed one weird thing (nothing to do with your training) about LWCAD. All of the numeric panels were messed up in that I could still use them but there were heaps of "special characters" everywhere. I went to take a screenshot today only to find they were all working fine this time around. Maybe it was a first use thing!

I look forward to going through the rest of the course. I cannot believe how quickly you can insert stuff like windows and doors and booleans.... this is going to make buildings so much quicker to get done.
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"