Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daz Character Hair

Quote Originally Posted by grafxstudio View Post
    Well the problems with the wrist is that it use to have bracelets on the wrist. They was either cutting into the hand or wrist so I tried to cover them up in Photoshop. I mostly bring in the obj in to Lightwave. Tried to go fbx but that meant having to pose the character manually. I couldn't use the poses from Daz Studio . Unless you have figured a way to bring a pose in to Lightwave from Daz?
    Havenīt followed all post here now..but what figures are you using that you canīt export with fbx? is it special characters from a daz purchase?
    Otherwise the genesis figures should work with fbx and getting poses, animtation in to lightwave when you export to fbx.

Not saying I couldn't export as fbx. I was saying that I haven't posed a figure in Lightwave so I found it easier to pose in Daz Studio since they have preconfigured poses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Adding bones is in layout, not in modeler..
    Yes, the MeshEdit tools are Modeler tools, I should have said 'SKELEGONS'.
    Can't figure out how to use Python to draw skelegons or I could just use the data from my Poser script in a LW Python script that does the skelegons. And it would be nice if they could be named because my Poser script also extracts the Actor Names, which would also ultimately be the bone name.
    Ah well, it's working out OK. Weight maps are the tough part but with practice it's getting easier

Not saying I couldn't export as fbx. I was saying that I haven't posed a figure in Lightwave so I found it easier to pose in Daz Studio since they have preconfigured poses.
    I donīt follow the problem here, must have missed something ...when you pose in daz(genesis figures), fbx poses will be transfered, everything from static poses, to manually animated, or using aniblocks...you need to transfer the keyframe poses in the timeline in daz though...if you use animated poses that is.

As for importing static fbx posed rigs, or animated, you can apply ik booster on the fbx rig and pose as you like in lightwave.

I must not have been selecting the right selections on the fbx out of Daz because when I select fbx it goes back to the initial pose and I must pose it myself to what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    when you pose in daz(genesis figures), fbx poses will be transfered, everything from static poses, to manually animated, or using aniblocks...you need to transfer the keyframe poses in the timeline in daz though...if you use animated poses that is.
    That really does sound nice, but I can't use DS.
    Everything works backward and it just drives me nuts.
    Not buying any Genesis characters either.
    But I enjoy the modeling process the most and I just use the original obj's from the library.
    Then the rigs are actually being extracted from types with .cr2 files, only within Poser which supports a very rich Python scripting environment.
    Is this cheating? The rig comes out exactly right, so quick actually.
    But I'm just playing. Don't have to make stuff for anyone else.

I must not have been selecting the right selections on the fbx out of Daz because when I select fbx it goes back to the initial pose and I must pose it myself to what I want.
    You do import the fbx from layout and load scene right, not modeler?

You do not even have to check morphs for a pose to work mostly, just export to fbx , figures morphs and props is all you need checked selected for the basics
    fbx 2012 binary should work.
    You do not need to have anything selected in the daz scene for it to work.
    Make sure you stand on keyframe 0,
    if you do animations, just check animations as well...and remember to set keyframes of course, if you use animate lite and animblocks, you need right mouse click in the animate lite bar and bake to studio keys, reversley from creating a good animated pose manually, you could create anim blocks from that and use for faster poses another time and mixing with other animblocks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daz export.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	143460

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MarkAH View Post
    That really does sound nice, but I can't use DS.
    Everything works backward and it just drives me nuts.
    Not buying any Genesis characters either.
    But I enjoy the modeling process the most and I just use the original obj's from the library.
    Then the rigs are actually being extracted from types with .cr2 files, only within Poser which supports a very rich Python scripting environment.
    Is this cheating? The rig comes out exactly right, so quick actually.
    But I'm just playing. Don't have to make stuff for anyone else.
    Canīt understand why it feels backwards for you? what is it mostly that drives you nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    if you use animate lite and animblocks, you need right mouse click in the animate lite bar and bake to studio keys
    @grafxstudio: Just to be clear, the above step needs to happen within DS prior to FBX export. If you're using animate/animblocks and don't do the bake-to-keys step, what you get on export is pretty much what you're describing (base pose without animation), so I suspect this might be your problem.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

I tried today on a new character and the bones didn't line up at all to the object. It did come in correctly just the bones didn't line up.

I tried today on a new character and the bones didn't line up at all to the object. It did come in correctly just the bones didn't line up.
    what figure..genesis version? and what lightwave version?

We have a pipeline thread about Daz to lightwave...
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...t=daz+pipeline

for lw 2015 and genesis figures, they should import correctly, you do need to delete some items though..If you plan to apply ik booster and have that work with it smoothly, I have mentioned that in the threads.
    Also for 2018, there was an issue of Lightwave adding additiona bone set or something, not sure in which thread I covered that, but it should have been fixed in 2018.01

other figures is a different matter though.

Genesis 8 and Lightwave 2018.7

Genesis 8 and Lightwave 2018.7
    Works fine here with 2018.01 and daz genesis 8 basic female daz 4.9 pro.

what import settings in Lightwave? I always use bake rotation and lightwave joints, not lightwave bones..if you import to bones then it will align the bones perpendicular to the actual mesh.
    For ik compability, I also delete the bone called genesis 8 female and the bone called fbx_base_bone_transformer...once that is done, you should be able to apply ik booster to the genesis shape pivot point and acess all the nice ik booster options, posing symmetry can be done by rotating posing one side, then directly mark itīs mirrored counter part bone and right click, then choose motion options and copy pose, you can only do this per bone item though, You can not have symmetry propagating through the whole daz figure to get left to right pose for all bones at once, only one bone at the time is whatīs possible.

Oh...maybe I should include nudity warning here? we are not so picky about these things over here where I live , and maybe I havenīt read the forum policies around that properly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	import options.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	143482  

I have been working on my texturing all weekend. The problem is that it renders like 5 hours a frame, hardly any sss in the ears, and the sclera is not completely white. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to change.

Name:	Lyra.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	143539

Obscene resolution aside (2048 x 4096), it shouldn't take 600 minutes. While you can't see it in the thumbnail, there appears to be a lot of fireflies in the image.

Even at FiberFX's worst, I've only managed 2h16m29s (at a similar resolution).

Given the noise, I would start with the denoising workflow as found in the 2018 docs. I would also reduce specularity on those surfaces that have little use for it, and cut back the sample on AA passes, and instead work on light, SSS, reflection samples. Very little refraction is going on, so samples for that can be left at 1.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

I have been working on my texturing all weekend. The problem is that it renders like 5 hours a frame, hardly any sss in the ears, and the sclera is not completely white. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to change.

Name:	Lyra.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	143539
    Seems itīs a bad hair day today..in the sense that a lot of post concerns hair today maybe itīs just me ...and doing crossposts.
    Thought it is valid here as well...you have to check the thread as well...
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...74#post1559974

I have taken print screens on all the materials on this figure, so I may be able to post the settings (print screens ..maybe gathered in pdf)for the materials in 2018 and using a daz genesis 2 figure, in this case it is however only standard materials..even the eye
    and the cornea and eye reflection is nothing more than standard material here, could be improved with dielectric or pbr materials even for the eye, and pbr or skin material for the skin.

how the lights and environment is set up is also important of course.

To much plastic glossiness here and there, but I do not have time to perfect it..since I can not save anything either in discovery edition.

Ps.. Let me know when a new lightwave version comes out, that isnīt purely bug updates...but includes sculpting and weight paint in layout..natively.
    And faster..much faster hair rendering, maybe a GPU option you know, or I may have to look at octane?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast