Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Denis has updated most of his plug-ins for 2018/2019!!!!

How do I get Sunsky to work in LW2018? I thought this was one of the new fixed ones for 2018?

Whatīs the problem? (Mac is never a problem, just as long as you do not use it)

You add it as you would do in 2015, except you can only use the new lightwave lights.

Where is it causing issues?
    you add it through backdrop/add environment..pull down sunsky, and by default it is a none light selected..you need to change that to your distant light.

in the lights motion tab you add sk_sun motion, if you need lensflares to follow the sun properly, for lensflares like the sun, use 6 point star filter and uncheck central ring.
    Add sk_suncolor to the light..so the sunflare and the light becomes more orange red while going down on horizon.
    also possible to use various modifier channels to lower lensflare intensity when the sun sets.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    I've left my donation. I do hope we can see DPLights and Verdure in the near future. Thanks Denis your a star.
    I've not had a reason to use dp lights since 2018 came out. What specific features of dp lights do you need? Just interested really.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

DP Custom i liked allot, Also Dome Light was i think better. However who is to say under 2018 what they would be like now. DP Infinite i liked because of the softer shadows.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

DP Custom i liked allot, Also Dome Light was i think better. However who is to say under 2018 what they would be like now. DP Infinite i liked because of the softer shadows.
    Since LW2018, you can do soft shadows with native Distant Lights.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

I guess that might be why he didn't update them. We have a dome light, we have the geometry light, and our distant light can now do soft shadows too... Just change the angle setting.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    Since LW2018, you can do soft shadows with native Distant Lights.
    Differences are that with sk sunlight..you had a settings combined under one panel..
    Time zone..manual...an a few more.
    For the new lw 2018
    Lights...you have to use sunspot ..that is a bit more tedious...though I mostly use manual control.

Otherwise I think its pretty much the same with softer shadows if you change angle.
    You also had skymodel..turbidity..sky amount in that light panel...with the new lw lights...you have to jump between sunsky env...an thw lights..
    Theres also sky amoumt which could be balanced against the skylight.

To be honest this is all speculation. We dont know what Denis's DP Lights would look like under 2018 and what changes if any he would make. Many of the thing DP Lights did in 2015 were also available natively as well. Its not just that we have them its also about how they are controlled and how they look.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Just thought I should have a go at part move stuff,

Was just adding the new dp kit for Lightwave 2018, trying the classic part moves, ...feeding a simple turbulence in to part move etc, INSTANT CRASH

edited...just a simple part move without anything else, fed into nodal displacement output, instant crash.
    Anyone else? and a note for this is that I am using 2018.01 not the later builds, if that matters.

Traitor
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    and a note for this is that I am using 2018.01 not the later builds, if that matters.
    Yes, it does. seems ot be working ok in 2018.0.7.
    If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out - T.Minchin

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Just thought I should have a go at part move stuff,

Was just adding the new dp kit for Lightwave 2018, trying the classic part moves, ...feeding a simple turbulence in to part move etc, INSTANT CRASH

edited...just a simple part move without anything else, fed into nodal displacement output, instant crash.
    Anyone else? and a note for this is that I am using 2018.01 not the later builds, if that matters.
    You really ought to move up to a newer revision, there were a bunch of issues fixed in revisions after 2018.0.1.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    You really ought to move up to a newer revision, there were a bunch of issues fixed in revisions after 2018.0.1.
    Well..things like dp kit not in there, was a part of me not even bothering moving up to a newer version when I am in discovery mode, but the part move is working in 2018.7 then I might.

I also recently have rediscovered how nice the shading is with area lights and just even standard materials for daz figures, and how easy it is to get it looking good, I am a bit reluctant to the new hair shading though, will have
    a stab at it later though...after that I think it is TurbulenceFD that is missing PBR, hope to see all those parts in place someday soon.

Agree with Prometheus about updating to v2018. Without Denis tools, half of the pipeline functionality in LW is down for us. But now things start to look much more promising

We are still testing DPKit tools, please report as many bugs as you find out but try to use latest LW updates as John suggests.

As for DP Lights, am with JohnMarchant here - really hope Denis receives NT support with the SDK for updating DP Lights and also the native and Global Buffers in Pixel Filter Node Editor ..and some other things.

Just in case, for people using DP Sunsky in v2018, you will find an Add_Sunsky_2018 Lscript that will set all up automatically.

Notice also we have now more color systems available (ICC and AMPAS frameworks) and we can even add our own custom RGB color system for in-house/custom colorspaces!

Thanks A LOT to Denis for this update!!!

Gerardo

As far as DPLights goes, i do hope Denis will revisit them. Yes i know that LW has many of these now, but its not just about that its about how it is implemented. We have dome lights in 2015 and we also have DP Dome in 2015, i know which one i prefered to use.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by gerardstrada View Post

Notice also we have now more color systems available (ICC and AMPAS frameworks) and we can even add our own custom RGB color system for in-house/custom colorspaces!

Thanks A LOT to Denis for this update!!!

Gerardo
    Yes..that additional color profile is nice, I hope we get direct tonemapping editing though, wish is not directed to Denis but the lw devs.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as DPLights goes, i do hope Denis will revisit them. Yes i know that LW has many of these now, but its not just about that its about how it is implemented. We have dome lights in 2015 and we also have DP Dome in 2015, i know which one i prefered to use.
    I liked the skylight, which worked in symbios with the sk_sunlight so you could balance amount of direct sunlight or use more skylight, I reckon now it is about the environment light.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast