Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The cube 3d visualizer challenge!

  1. #1

    Lightbulb The cube 3d visualizer challenge!

    Let's say we have "THE CUBE" which when a loud transient like a kick drum in a soundtrack cues a "push" to slightly rotate THE CUBE in a slowing down spline manner...how would we do that?


    we will be using this soundtrack: http://www.soundtraxxmusic.com/All_In_One.zip



    GO!
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

  2. #2
    Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    ...to slightly rotate THE CUBE in a slowing down spline manner...
    Do what?
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

    My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

  3. #3

    Cool help!

    Man I need some lscript help... I think I want "THE CUBE.Rotation.H = THE CUBE.Rotation.H + Value" for the expression of the Audio wav volume on THE CUBE's heading...but I lack the syntax knowledge...PLEASE HELP!



    ?



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Do what?
    You Know Spliney Movements...cool.
    Last edited by Shawn Farrell; 11-02-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

  4. #4

    Cool

    Man I need some lscript help... I think I want "THE CUBE.Rotation.H = THE CUBE.Rotation.H + Value for the expression of the Audio wav volume on THE CUBE's heading...but I lack the syntax knowledge...PLEASE HELP!



    ?

    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

  5. #5
    Super Member XswampyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    2,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    Man I need some lscript help... I think I want "THE CUBE.Rotation.H = THE CUBE.Rotation.H + Value for the expression of the Audio wav volume on THE CUBE's heading...but I lack the syntax knowledge...PLEASE HELP!



    ?

    Try Bullet...
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Oh man I have LightWave 11.5 won't load...Aaaargh THANK YOU!
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

  7. #7
    Super Member XswampyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    2,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    Oh man I have LightWave 11.5 won't load...Aaaargh THANK YOU!
    This one?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Thank You again, further but LightWave says I'm missing NODEs alot of them? By the way you can use that song Royalty-Free for LIFE in any way you choose and that goes for everyone in this thread...
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

  9. #9
    Super Member XswampyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    2,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    Thank You again, further but LightWave says I'm missing NODEs alot of them? By the way you can use that song Royalty-Free for LIFE in any way you choose and that goes for everyone in this thread...
    Well, thank you!

  10. #10
    figuring out these NODEs here...No Plugin NodeHandler found with name Input failed to load NodeHandler Principled BSDF???
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,827
    The missing Principled BSDF nodes are only for Surfacing so don't affect the Bullet animation. However, the Bullet animation doesn't back-port either (not too suprising).

    XswampyX's implementation sets up the Cube as a Bullet Rigid body (moveable), the Ground plane as Static (unmoveable), and a Null as a Bullet Vortex force. He basically controls the Vortex's Density with the Audio Channel modifier through the Y channel of a couple of Nulls using Texture=>Procedural=>Node Editor node networks, which as far as I can tell are mostly to allow numerical manipulation of the Audio Channel, such as getting its absolute value (abs() function).

    XswampyS's basic idea (if I understand it correctly!) is to control a Force (e.g. old school WindFX or a Bullet Force) with the absolute value of the Audio Channel.

    mTp

  12. #12
    Thank you guys very much I have to build up my knowledge of objects and expressions...I'm not giving up thanks for info!
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

  13. #13
    Super Member XswampyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    2,078
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroePoteet View Post
    The missing Principled BSDF nodes are only for Surfacing so don't affect the Bullet animation. However, the Bullet animation doesn't back-port either (not too suprising).

    XswampyX's implementation sets up the Cube as a Bullet Rigid body (moveable), the Ground plane as Static (unmoveable), and a Null as a Bullet Vortex force. He basically controls the Vortex's Density with the Audio Channel modifier through the Y channel of a couple of Nulls using Texture=>Procedural=>Node Editor node networks, which as far as I can tell are mostly to allow numerical manipulation of the Audio Channel, such as getting its absolute value (abs() function).

    XswampyS's basic idea (if I understand it correctly!) is to control a Force (e.g. old school WindFX or a Bullet Force) with the absolute value of the Audio Channel.

    mTp
    That's it!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by XswampyX View Post
    That's it!
    YAY! Got one right!

    mTp

  15. #15

    Exclamation I've accomplished much...but

    Not quite what I set out to do...syntaxx of bad formula...

    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •