Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: db&w Tools on Patreon

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raw-m View Post
    Hi Mike. It’s working really smoothly on the Mac! Thanks so much for sticking with us So many uses....
    Yeah, that was a big one. Especially since I got some bogus 3D coordinates for the mouse positions from the SDK on macOS only and had to work around that.

We'll also need to get a new Mac in the future, as the current one's too old of LW 2019.1 (which required macOS 10.12).
    Found a bug. Both Node and motion modifier, Per Span doesn’t get past 20%, an attached object just sticks to the Spline at anything over 20%.
    Ouch, I'll fix it for the next version.

Cheers,
    Mike

I was pretty excited when I saw the Object Properties Panel - Primitive Type - db&w Splines! But then my excitement turned to disappointment when I didn't see any rendered splines. Oh well, maybe someday. Looks pretty cool though, too bad we don't do any animation.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

You’re a gentleman!

I’m having a lot of window focus/keyboard input issues in the last few LW updates so can’t imagine what the SDK is like! Hopefully NT is on the case.

Would love to see a way for each node to be animated or a way to attach them to scene items. Already trying it out as a “SureTarget” rig for the camera. Very happy ��

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    I was pretty excited when I saw the Object Properties Panel - Primitive Type - db&w Splines! But then my excitement turned to disappointment when I didn't see any rendered splines. Oh well, maybe someday.
    It's on the list. Due to the nature of the Patreon (and the number of patrons ) there's only so much we can do per month. The be fair, these foundations were way out of the allotted time budget already.

And then it depends on what our patrons vote for as well.

Cheers,
    Mike

I’m having a lot of window focus/keyboard input issues in the last few LW updates so can’t imagine what the SDK is like! Hopefully NT is on the case.
    Given that Layout Tools can't use the keyboard in any way, that's not an issue I had to deal with.
    Even though I wish I could add shortcuts and qualifiers in an OS neutral way - it did make the design trickier and... clickier.
    Would love to see a way for each node to be animated or a way to attach them to scene items. Already trying it out as a “SureTarget” rig for the camera. Very happy
    Animating the spline is a future module. And that will include attaching knots to scene items. The primary method will be setting keys for the whole spline as a single entity though.

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf View Post
    It's on the list. Due to the nature of the Patreon (and the number of patrons ) there's only so much we can do per month. The be fair, these foundations were way out of the allotted time budget already.

And then it depends on what our patrons vote for as well.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Well that certainly would be useful. Will keep abreast as to its development.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Well that certainly would be useful. Will keep abreast as to its development.
    The list of useful items is long enough to keep us busy for more than a year.

Don't just keep abreast, support us!

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf View Post
    The list of useful items is long enough to keep us busy for more than a year.

Don't just keep abreast, support us!

Cheers,
    Mike
    If it were up to me we would. Honestly it would be an easier sell if it were just a regular purchase, nobody knows what Patreon is in the manufacturing world.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

If it were up to me we would. Honestly it would be an easier sell if it were just a regular purchase, nobody knows what Patreon is in the manufacturing world.
    From our description on Patreon:
    I'd like to use the db&w Tools at my company, but we can't get accounting to support the Patreon project.

You can order company access to the current build and the next six months of development via our online shop. It's similar to the Fight for the Right to Party! tier but doesn't include access to patron only posts here on Patreon.
    Granted though, that only makes sense for studios. There's only so much we can do before watering down the concept completely.

Cheers,
    Mike

Very exciting developments here Mike, and I'm so happy to have supported this stuff over the last 10 months or so. GREAT work, and brilliant for the community too.

I too would have difficulty doing this through my work, so just do it as a personal thing... heck, it's only 10 euros a month or something. I spend more on coffee a week
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Very exciting developments here Mike, and I'm so happy to have supported this stuff over the last 10 months or so. GREAT work, and brilliant for the community too.
    Thanks.
    I too would have difficulty doing this through my work, so just do it as a personal thing... heck, it's only 10 euros a month or something. I spend more on coffee a week
    Patreon at least seem to charge taxes properly.

I'm not sure if we spend more on coffee in a single week. But hey, home office perks.

Cheers,
    Mike

I spend more on coffee a week
    What is this coffee of which you speak ? Reaches for mug of freshly mashed tea

P.S. Sorry to sidetrack things a little Lightwolf...but I just couldn't resist. Homemade tea can have that effect on me
    Last edited by Qexit; 08-08-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    P.S. Sorry to sidetrack things a little Lightwolf...but I just couldn't resist. Homemade tea can have that effect on me
    No worries, we're attention seeking after all. Every bump of the thread is good.

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    What is this coffee of which you speak ? Reaches for mug of freshly mashed tea

It's just the coffee they sell at work (yep, we don't get free coffee like every other workplace in the world )
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

I noticed you sent out 2 updates, thanks!

However the spline alignment still doesn't work as expected, are you still working on that?

(I removed the plugins and re-added but only tested with an existing scene)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast