Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: db&w Tools on Patreon

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adk View Post
    Really enjoying this Patreon approach Mike !
    The banter alone is worth the price of admission
    Hehe, thanks. I hope there is something for everybody, the tools, participating in the development and fleshing out new ideas, the q&a and even the banter.

But if we didn't think it would be some fun along the way, it wouldn't be on Patreon.

Cheers,
    Mike

I somehow missed the vote for this one, but see the results and have no complaints. For the next round, should I be watching for an email at voting time or just logging into Patreon more regularly?
    Prominence, sci-fi adventure game built with LightWave

Quote Originally Posted by cg_mike View Post
    I somehow missed the vote for this one, but see the results and have no complaints. For the next round, should I be watching for an email at voting time or just logging into Patreon more regularly?
    Patrons get notified by Patreon (I think it's "[email protected]" or "[email protected]" that sends out the mails) of any post that we create or publish. You might want to filter those mails.

I also make sure to post important links on our Discord server.

Cheers,
    Mike

Our patrons just receive the first beta of our plugin of the month for December.

This is a Multi-Image sampler node:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48358896_10155715779725966_9162960500043022336_o.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	143643

Please support us on https://www.patreon.com/dbw, not only will you get access to this plugin but also to the Triplanar Texturing node developed last month.

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf View Post
    Patrons get notified by Patreon (I think it's "[email protected]" or "[email protected]" that sends out the mails) of any post that we create or publish. You might want to filter those mails.
    Can you please put "[POLL]" or "[VOTE]" or such into the subject line of the post indicating where to vote? The subject didn't really make it clear that it needed a timely reply. If we knew we could count on such a tag always being present in the subject for cases where voting was needed, it's much easier for users to set up a filter that prioritizes/categorizes it appropriately.
    Last edited by jwiede; 12-17-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Can you please put "[POLL]" or "[VOTE]" or such into the subject line of the post indicating where to vote? The subject didn't really make it clear that it needed a timely reply. If we knew we could count on such a tag always being present in the subject for cases where voting was needed, it's much easier for users to set up a filter that prioritizes/categorizes it appropriately.
    Sure, I actually don't know how much beyond the subject gets send out.

Cheers,
    Mike

LightWave 3D geometry homework

We want take the db&w Tools to the next level and we want you to be a part of it. Support us on Patreon.

db&w Tools are a collection of plugins for LightWave 3D. Previously these were available as a free download.

What We Intend to Do
    With your support we want to make db&w Tools even better:

• Add a new plugin to the db&w Tools every month. We will allow you to choose between different ideas that we propose.
    • You will be a part of development - we'll keep you posted as we progress.
    • will host a Q&A stream per month as well as one live development stream per month.
    • If we meet our stretch goal, we can up the ante and add two plugins per month - or work on a single, larger one.
    • The builds you get will be personalised (your name in the about section) but not dongle locked.
    • You will get a discount of 1% on our regular products per month that you're pledged - up to 12%.
    • Join us on our Discord server, in a section exclusive to patrons.

You can be a patron for as little as US$3 per month.

Join us Now!

We look forward to developing for you, with you.

More information is available on our website and our Patreon page.
    Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that Patreon is going to create new plugins. And I'm going to join the community too. Are you planning to work on the MultiMaths node?

Best,
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by TerryLewis View Post
    Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that Patreon is going to create new plugins. And I'm going to join the community too. Are you planning to work on the MultiMaths node?

Best,
    Terry
    Hello Terry,
    we'd love to welcome you. Well, it depends on what the community votes for. Every month there's a selection of three plugins to implement, the one with the most votes makes it.

Cheers,
    Mike - who still wonders how that spam made it into the quote...

A Happy New Year to all of you.

For those of you that are curious, we've just posted a round up of our first two months of having the db&w Tools on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/happy-new-year-23653594

Cheers,
    Mike

Oh, you know what would be a really cool tool that we could use (and could have used AGES ago...)?

A plugin which allows us to use a control object like a null and/or sliders to control image sequences.

You'd think that someone would have thought of that ages ago but, nooo......

Adobe After Effects had this option ages ago using 'Time Remapping'.

So, I wouldn't mind a free or at least cheap plugin that does that.

If you'd ever consider doing something like that, that is.

Revanto
    ---------------------
    I'm a Mega 3D dude!!!
    ---------------------
    Check out my friend's OLD Youtube tutorials
    Mix Mash's tutes

Quote Originally Posted by Revanto View Post
    Oh, you know what would be a really cool tool that we could use (and could have used AGES ago...)?

A plugin which allows us to use a control object like a null and/or sliders to control image sequences.

You'd think that someone would have thought of that ages ago but, nooo......

Adobe After Effects had this option ages ago using 'Time Remapping'.

So, I wouldn't mind a free or at least cheap plugin that does that.

If you'd ever consider doing something like that, that is.

Revanto
    Well, we have one like that for ages... framed https://framed.db-w.com
    It does exactly that plus more.

Cheers,
    Mike

Ayup, as a frameD customer pretty nearly since introduction, I highly recommend it for any LW image sequence work!

(Mike, any hint as to when I might see a fixed Mac version?)
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Cheers,
    Mike
    That actually looks a lot like Magpie and that isn't really for what I was going for. It wouldn't be for lipsyncing but rather changing the image in the sequence using just a null or slider without having to open up a window or interface.

I want to make a psuedo character creation set up using flat polys and masks but I don't really need to animate anything. It would only be for a single frame render.

So, it is also pretty expensive for me just for a simple task unfortunately.

Rev.
    ---------------------
    I'm a Mega 3D dude!!!
    ---------------------
    Check out my friend's OLD Youtube tutorials
    Mix Mash's tutes

That actually looks a lot like Magpie and that isn't really for what I was going for. It wouldn't be for lipsyncing but rather changing the image in the sequence using just a null or slider without having to open up a window or interface.
    If you are just looking at the image sequence editor, it may actually look like Magpie. However, the whole image sequence loading engine is what makes it happen.
    And since you can't "just" change an image sequence to a different frame within LW, the loader is also the only way to do that.

http://wiki.db-w.com/framed2018/mast..._offset_frames
    I want to make a psuedo character creation set up using flat polys and masks but I don't really need to animate anything. It would only be for a single frame render.

So, it is also pretty expensive for me just for a simple task unfortunately.
    Yeah, for single frame renders it's overkill.

Having said that, even without the editor, it wouldn't be "cheap" since a lot of the development effort went into the image sequence loader, which (from what I know) is fairly unique to any 3D application with the support for proxies and a RAM cache.

Cheers,
    Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    (Mike, any hint as to when I might see a fixed Mac version?)
    Maybe when you reply to my questions regarding the latest versions I've sent you.

Cheers,
    Mike

It's always nice to see how our patrons use the tools we develop with them. Mark Warner has posted a great video showing two ways to use the Multi-Image Sampler that we released as a final version a couple of days ago to our patrons:

Cheers,
    Mike

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast