Thread: "on the run' mesh sequence surface replacer

"on the run' mesh sequence surface replacer

Hello Guys,
    This is a quick and dirty solution for those out there who often struggles with mesh sequence surfacing such as how to render Blender/Houdini obj seqences, fluid sims etc...
    Usage:
    -copy the script into your install, smg like this C:\NEWTEK\LW2018\support\plugins\scripts\Python\La yout\Master
    -Lauch Layout
    -Utility tab / Add plugin button. Add this script to the plugins, LW will recognize this as a Master Plugin
    -Load source mesh, remember surface name
    -Load mesh sequence, remember surface name
    -Open the script in an editor. Change Line 39 and 41 to the surface names you want to use as source and destinations. Save
    -Launch the plugin from Master Plugins

The changes you do to the source material will update on sequence material if you change the time. Left/Right arrow for example.

MeshSequenceSurfaceReplaceBeta.zip

This has always bothered me! I will definitely give this a try on my next project with fluid sims.

Thank You!    
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I try to fabricate a decent user interface but it's more difficult than the actual code which is 5 lines. So for the time being you have to change manually the source/destination material names in the script. Not very elegant but it works.