Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Your Black Friday 2018 Wish List....

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Yes a simple click the 'use vertex map' checkbox in the TFD Emitter tag does exactly that.

In addition any texture / material can be used too for fluid emission, based on color, luminance, alpha and more.

And Vertex maps can be generated by painting or procedurally (for example based on the point velocity of a mesh, object collision, fields - basically anything going on in the scene)

That's one example where an integrated solution is better that a separate application with host plugins (what TFD2 seems to be). But let's see how that's solved once it's available.
    Thanks for the feedback, I guessed cinema4D had this as well, I am guessing itīs the sdk of it allowing for jascha to implement it, but maybe not for Lightwave.

as for textures, sure that we can use as well in Lightwave, material? donīt think so.
    And yes, if that is screwed up with a different type of host and standalone version, that wouldnīt be as attractive, but letīs not jump in to any conclusions of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Huh? Black Friday is on 29th November 2019 as far as I know.

There are always some good deals for hardware and software in specific shops. However not in the big stores with the big red price tags.

Last year I got a RTX card and new Dell XPS notebook for a price that was never as low again afterwards plus software for 50% off. This year I don't really need anything but I'm sure there will be some interesting stuff. Maybe a laser tv or a Ryzen 3950x upgrade (but these new AMD chips are so new that I don't think there is much discount) .
    Lol, thought it was this past friday, that shows how much impact this part of the American culture has on me so there is still a risc for me to fall in to the hands of the consumer devil.

Dont forget to save money for the "Lucia" celebrations either,or saint lucyīs day.
    You need to buy candles you put on the heads on beautiful ladies and dress them up in white dresses and make them march and sing silly...and no, itīs not ku klux klan all over again. itīs the 13th December.

Only celebrated in Sweden and In Italy I believe, but a little different...nowadays itīs more a way of making a christmas mood during dark wintertimes, rather than christian messages etc, mostly I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy%27s_Day

Only celebrated in Sweden and In Italy I believe,
    ahem...  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Lol, thought it was this past friday, that shows how much impact this part of the American culture has on me so there is still a risc for me to fall in to the hands of the consumer devil.
    Haha I know what you mean, we took over alot of US celebrations here in Europe the last couple of years. When I was a child there was also no Halloween for example.

But some stores have good stuff on Black Friday, so I mark it in the calendar already in October. First time I noticed that there were also electronic sales on the 11.11. this year in Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

ahem...  
    Wait, isnīt norway part of sweden anymore you say?
    Trying the best to cover up my ignorance of the matter, yep..Lucia also in norway.

was curious, so did a wiki...  

The Lucia celebration has also spread to Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland, but has less scope here.
    In Norway, Lucia's celebration, according to the Swedish model, is especially widespread in kindergartens, but many schools also celebrate Lucia.
    In Sweden, Lucia is also celebrated to a greater extent by adults and in private homes, but it is less prevalent in Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    was curious, so did a wiki...  
    If it is on the weekend, I will probably go to bed at 5 or 6 a clock in the morning, thus I will be missing it all..Lucia requires to be up early in the morning, I would guess that may be the case with you as well Erik?

...and no, itīs not ku klux klan all over again.
    You're right, that looks MUCH CREEPIER.

The look of the girl in front with the candles just screams "sacrificial hors d'oeuvre".
    Last edited by jwiede; 11-19-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

If it is on the weekend, I will probably go to bed at 5 or 6 a clock in the morning, thus I will be missing it all..
    Lucia requires to be up early in the morning, I would guess that may be the case with you as well Erik?
    in this house, Luica celebration starts no earlier than 11.30am.

(not up for debate)

Reminds me of "The Ref"

HDR Light Studio will be sold at various discounts for Black Friday.

https://www.lightmap.co.uk//blog/blackfridaysale2019/
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

we, italians, have a lots of creepy tradition.
    like the snake's saint
    https://youtu.be/VgBk1coQ8hA?t=224
    but i miss this tradition of saint lucia with candles on heads.
    Danger! Mad Scientist at work

I'm a mad genius, a mad scientist, someone like dr. jeckill and frankestein with a bit of Bugs Bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    You're right, that looks MUCH CREEPIER.

The look of the girl in front with the candles just screams "sacrificial hors d'oeuvre".
    Itīs all about sacrifies and martyr, it bottoms in christianity ultimately..but Lucia herself was also raised to sainthood..

And How much of it is real? probably very little..but who knows? with such myths of lacking historical contemporary notes.
    During the christian persecutions, Lucia, born around283 i Syrakusa, Sicilien, death 304.

She was arrested, tortured ..or they tried to torture her, but they couldnīt harm her, she also got a sword in her throat..but did not die,
    not directly anyway according to the legend, according tno the legend she also ripped her eyes out, and had them sent to the faithful, and then the mother of god gave her
    a pair of new eyes, even more beautiful..and so the legend goes.

Sacrifies, Death, martyr..and legends and myths and saints follows in the wake, sheīs not the first and probably not the last.
    Nowadays you do not tell the full story to the family or kids to frighten them, instead we have had the tradition on finding the most beautiful girl that is long in stature, mostly she should be blonde as well..so we have competitions every year between girls in schools, though the stereotype of the typical Lucia look has changed..not necessarely white, not necessarely a blonde girl.

songs like hosianna, silent night and a lot of christmas songs with santaclaus as topic is on the schedule, I find a couple of those really charming and nice to listen at..but mostly I can not stand it.
    Usually early in the morning at various workplaces, or in elderly care..school youngsters are booked to come and sing, and before work we turn off the electric lights, eat gingerbread, saffron bun, and we often drink warm mulled.
    Then the choir walks out singing a nice tune and itīs all back to business again.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelinfected View Post
    we, italians, have a lots of creepy tradition.
    like the snake's saint
    https://youtu.be/VgBk1coQ8hA?t=224
    but i miss this tradition of saint lucia with candles on heads.
    Yeah..what about those snakes, will have to look that up.

And yes, no wonder Italians have traditions, we have so much from the roman era as well that sort of lives in tradition today..
    It was a roman empire who enforced the christianity, or got it accepted in equal status as to that of the other religions (konstantin 313 AD)
    And later (391 AD ) emperor Theodosius declared christianity to be the state religion, and banned all other religions..I think that should be correct.

In sweden at the time we didnt even have the viking era going on, and we lived in a very different society compared to the policy, art, architecture etc...that era was the German Iron age, it does feel like
    we were quite behind in the civilization at those days.

If anyone is interested in audio, iZotope is offering the Black Friday bundle for $49. Voice De-Noise, which is in RX Elements is a fairly advanced tool that does a nice job of removing background noise. And Nectar Elements is awesome, and lets you add some really great effects to vocals. They only seem to drop prices once a year during BF.

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/deals.html

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast