Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Black Friday 2018 Wish List....

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Looks like a spectacular 51% off this time.
    Marvelous Designer are having an extended sale (I believe until 18th February 2019).

Perpetual License
    Regular price $490
    Sale price $240 (51% off)

Annual Subscription
    Regular price $300
    Sale price $190 (37% off)

https://www.marvelousdesigner.com/product/pricing

Cool. I still need to upgrade to MD 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcode View Post
    I've been using the latest version of the Real Flow plugin in LW 2018 and so far it seems to work.
    how come? what version did you test as month ago i was not able to use mesh sequence in 2018 since it does not respect surface file
    new web page up www.null.hr

My Black Friday wish is to try and avoid all the tempting offers and not spend because I have too many things already to keep up with

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

CGChannel now has a Black Friday/Holiday Season list that has a bunch that are not listed on CGPress site...

http://www.cgchannel.com/2018/11/the...or-cg-artists/

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    My Black Friday wish is to try and avoid all the tempting offers and not spend because I have too many things already to keep up with

B
    Yeah, all these sales are very tempting but there's still next year's updates to consider. Has NewTek said anything about a 2019 version yet?
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

That RealFlow 50% off sale is very tempting indeed!

Got ma 3d Coat! Very happy!

Will have to wait a bit for other items, gifting got the better of me and spent too much on the holidays. Plus, still have yet to actually build my new computer. All of the pieces in their packaging are just sitting on the floor next to my computer desk.

Got a little too ambitious and decided I wanted a custom case, so I bought a 1939 Zenith 7S3637 floor model radio to refinish and use as my computer case. So far, that has taken a backseat to a long list of honey-do woodworking projects.

Hoping to knuckle down over the next two months and get it done!

Got ma 3d Coat! Very happy!
    Congrats!   Great App!

also, Marvelous Designer at $240 is tempting, we'll see  
    until 18th February

B
    there's never too many things to keep up with...  
    Last edited by erikals; 11-24-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Guys, Black Friday 2019 is coming early this year!! I am selling my 3DCoat 4.9 Pro for $180 (less than half the $379 price) and also my 3RDPowers plugs and Hurley plugs (pending confirmation that I can from both Steve and 3RDPwrs). I created this thread last year, so I think it is okay for me to post this here. Should be anyway... It is kinda Black Friday related...

Here is the thread (way down in the Classifieds - does anyone ever even see those?..) with more details: https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...gs-if-possible

I did check with 3RDPowers and unfortunately they do not allow transfer of license for their products. :-( I forgot that they are tied to LW license. I haven't heard from Steve Hurley yet. :-(

But my 3DCoat Pro is still for sale - for a measly $180, which is a hundred clams cheaper than the (very likely) Black Friday price coming in a couple weeks (was $280 last year's sale)!! And it has been confirmed that Pilgway does allow 3DCoat licenses to be transferred. :-)

Spend when you really needs something, not when someone says you need something..especially not when it is a commercial global hype.

:-/ I'm sorry?.. Huh?

I suspect Prometheus is simply commenting on the general Black Friday consumption hysteria nonsense...to which I have to agree...even though I work in marketing and depend on people buying the global hype of the season.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Well, sales are sales bro. If you guys don't like getting crap with deep discounts, that's fine.. but for the rest of us, especially designers, cg artists, and most definitely when we are indies, it rocks to save some serious bucks. Software can be expensive yo. Happy Holidays!

Again, my 3DCoat 4.9 Pro is $180. PM me if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    I suspect Prometheus is simply commenting on the general Black Friday consumption hysteria nonsense...to which I have to agree...even though I work in marketing and depend on people buying the global hype of the season.
    Absolutely correct.

I am just giving a little wake up and be aware comment, it doesn´t necessarely mean a black friday would be of waste for customers, deals and findings can probably be made to benefit oneself in certain circumstances, but the risc of it being very harmful to others is impending for some persons that has little impulse control, unfortunately from what I can see, it seems that a lot of people does suffer from this, and these type of hyped consumption days, as well as christmas etc..prays on these people with such lesser good impulse controls, just as well as it is contributing to a cultural spending habit.

When things can be prayed upon, rest assure that it will...not every company or product will truly be a "deal" rather that some of that will fall under false intents.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast