Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Black Friday 2018 Wish List....

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    That's an interesting idea...using the tablet as a monitor. I've read you may need to change the display settings for a tablet vs. a monitor. Are you on Windows or Mac?
    I'm using Windows 10. It's a new setup and I'm still testing it as I go along. The tablet is for my Modeler while I have a LCD screen for Layout and online browsing.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

I guess I'd like to get TrueArt's Modelling Pack or 3rd Powers' plugins.
    Last edited by Bernie2Strokes; 11-08-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

3RDPwrs rocks! I use 3D Sticker, Meta Mesh and LW Brush a ton. Heat Shrink Plus doesn't get as much action, but it is must at $39. I don't have Paint Weights yet, or either deformer plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    LWCAD for LW has more tools that are not required in the other applications (Splines or modeling tools like Rounder for example).

LWCAD for 3DSMax and C4D contains all the architecture tools. The LWCAD objects are parametric / non-destructive and work nicely with native tools and plugins, that takes it to a whole new level.
    Personally, I strongly believe Viktor should raise the price on both the C4D and Max versions -- I think they're significantly underpriced for all they offer. Those markets aren't nearly as "cheap" as the LW market, and it's all new dev work he needs to amortize.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Personally, I strongly believe Viktor should raise the price on both the C4D and Max versions -- I think they're significantly underpriced for all they offer. Those markets aren't nearly as "cheap" as the LW market, and it's all new dev work he needs to amortize.
    Yes true, it's very affordable. I think that LWCAD is not well known by C4D or Max users. That's maybe due to lack of marketing and the not so ideal product name.

For me there are some reasons why I didn't upgrade to the 2018 version

- slow development pace (C4D R20 is still not supported as far as I know)
    - the licensing - Viktor decided to have a very unusual licensing - not bound to the C4D serial as most other plugins but using an online activation / node locked system
    - I don't do any archviz
    - I wouldn't use the LW version anymore

Due to the licensing system I wouldn't pay more. If he would change it to common serial licensing, I would upgrade without hesitation. For archviz people however it's a real gem.

CGPress.com has started their Black Friday/CyberMonday/Holiday Season sales list. The list is short to start, but will grow as more companies confirm sales: http://cgpress.org/archives/black-fr...g-sales-2.html

thanks  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

It is not advertised yet, but 3DCoat is going to have $100 off for Pro license, and $81 off Amateur to Pro Upgrade. I'm not sure what discount for buying Amateur license is though. I think maybe $20 off, if memory serves. Discount makes the Pro license $279 and the Amateur to Pro Upgrade $199. I'm loving 3DC these days, and it has all but replaced ZBrush for me.
    Last edited by Norka; 11-15-2018 at 05:11 PM.

We've switched Howler 2019 over to Black Friday prices as of today, http://squirreldome.com/Cart.htm

http://squirreldome.com/WhatsNew.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Marvelous Designer is typically 30% off for Black Friday. Can't recommend it enough. Much better than syflex or bullet.
    Looks like a spectacular 51% off this time.
    Marvelous Designer are having an extended sale (I believe until 18th February 2019).

Perpetual License
    Regular price $490
    Sale price $240 (51% off)

Annual Subscription
    Regular price $300
    Sale price $190 (37% off)

https://www.marvelousdesigner.com/product/pricing

Last edited by TheLexx; 11-19-2018 at 06:29 AM.

dang  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Looks like a spectacular 51% off this time...
    Could that have been an accidental sneak peak from MD? I believe I saw this pricing a few hours ago but as I look at the site now, it is the regular price.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    Could that have been an accidental sneak peak from MD? I believe I saw this pricing a few hours ago but as I look at the site now, it is the regular price.
    Yes the prices have changed back again - I think they only did it to make me look very silly (and succeeded btw)

But also from the email which they sent out...

Attachment 143381

Ah, they were just reformatting the text - Marvelous Designer sale definitely "back on" ....

Attachment 143382

FWIW, it looks like 3D Coat will have a Black Friday discount, $100 off, 4 days, 11-23 to 26th.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast